What if your home invaders are the police or the army?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
railroadbuff
railroadbuff's picture
Hat Tips: 167
What if your home invaders are the police or the army?

I haven't been able to figure this one out:  if they're confiscating guns or confiscating food or deciding to "relocate" your family, how do you greet them when they come through your door?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
pourty
pourty's picture
Hat Tips: 2678
Food and guns, what food and guns?

I lost all mine in a tragic boating accident.  You guys have food and guns? ;-)

My advice, if you're concerned about confiscation:  Hide the bulk of your weapons, ammo, and food stash to the best of your ability.  Keep a junk gun or two around (in your safe?) so they have something to find easily and think they've got what they came for.  Be very kind and show them right to it.

Beyond that, good luck.  I'm not terribly worried about this scenario, but it's not exactly unheard of, either.

railroadbuff
railroadbuff's picture
Meeting intruders

pourty wrote:

My advice, if you're concerned about confiscation:  Hide the bulk of your weapons, ammo, and food stash to the best of your ability.  Keep a junk gun or two around (in your safe?) so they have something to find easily and think they've got what they came for.  Be very kind and show them right to it.

That'll work, presuming you had opened your door for them and there was reasonable conversation between you.  

I was wondering about your response if they break your door down, as happened in the three most recent (well-publicized) incidents, intending to throw you on the floor, drag you off in handcuffs, or as in the Arizona event, kill you.

What would you do?

And a thought-experiment corollary: What if known thugs, in an equally large gang, equally determined to enter as the police/Army and equally well-armed, did exactly the same thing?  Would your response be any different, and if so, why?

(Interesting how a currency collapse can raise questions like this.)

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Hat Tips: 3056
Neighborhood squad?

Against the armed gang? 

If it's organzied Army/Police, I'd say you're fooked.  Go with the lead em right to the safe with the decoy stuff.

If they take food, what can you do? 

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat

Eternal Student
Eternal Student's picture
Hat Tips: 2162
Look to the past

"how do you greet them when they come through your door?"

For guidance on this, I'd look to how our ancestors did this, back during Colonial Rule. They seemed to handle it quite well.

pourty
pourty's picture
Hat Tips: 2678
railroadbuff wrote: pourty

railroadbuff wrote:

pourty wrote:

That'll work, presuming you had opened your door for them and there was reasonable conversation between you.  

I was wondering about your response if they break your door down, as happened in the three most recent (well-publicized) incidents, intending to throw you on the floor, drag you off in handcuffs, or as in the Arizona event, kill you.

What would you do?

And a thought-experiment corollary: What if known thugs, in an equally large gang, equally determined to enter as the police/Army and equally well-armed, did exactly the same thing?  Would your response be any different, and if so, why?

(Interesting how a currency collapse can raise questions like this.)

Yes, I have seen many articles about tragic no-knock situations in which homeowners were injured or killed, thinking thugs were breaking it.  Not much I can do about that.  If someone breaks down my door in the middle of the night, I'm going to assume it's criminals and act accordingly.  Even if they're yelling "POLICE", that doesn't change much, as criminals are smart enough to yell that as well in many cases.

So if it's the police or military, I'm probably going to go down shooting.  Not much chance I'll win.

I think this situation is overall pretty rare, though.  Better chance of losing your life in a car crash, and I drive every day...

magis00
magis00's picture
Hat Tips: 413
Oathkeepers -- Spread the Word

This might be the most important campaign.

Yes, JPMorgan is fooking us.  Also, it's true that D.C. will take as much as possible.  But the most important "divide" will be fathers vs. sons, brothers vs. brothers, right? 

How many of us know and cherish people close to us who have no idea?  That's where the "civil" divide comes from.

My focus is on pre-empting the "confiscation" and the "militarized zone" situations - - I don't think for one second that our boys in blue (and desert camo) intend to harm their fellow citizens;  although I do hold out that they may just follow orders if they're not up to speed on what's happening. 

www.oathkeepers.org   --  uniting "us" with "them" before it gets to be that.  We're all on the same side here.

~Magis

PS -- Saturday is beautiful, because one is allowed to drink beer on Saturday.  Hoooooray beer!

magis00
magis00's picture
Hat Tips: 413
Disagree: "I think this situation is overall pretty rare"

So if it's the police or military, I'm probably going to go down shooting.  Not much chance I'll win.

I think this situation is overall pretty rare, though.  Better chance of losing your life in a car crash, and I drive every day...

Many of our thought experiments here on TFMR are completely hypothetical, but I'm afraid that ignoring the 2nd Amendment and seizing guns is all-too real -- see this link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa1k0a_the-untold-story-of-gun-confiscation-after-hurricane-katrina_news

We're foooked, and not only because the boys on the Street are delusional, but the "boys" here in SW Ohio are playing the same rigged, regional, foolish game as the boys in NOLA; it's awful. And the list of curative options is short . . .

Anyway, Peace:

~Magis

railroadbuff
railroadbuff's picture
magis00 wrote: So if it's the

magis00 wrote:

We've got the driving situation pretty well thought out already...we use our driving skills to avoid every life-threatening situation we can, and we've managed to do that pretty well our whole time as drivers.  

It's the _change_ that we need to pre-think and pre-live, as if on our highways suddenly appeared armored vehicles that were authorized to crash into any car they choose, we'd have to think how to handle this new situation if one of them chooses us.  Avoid 'em?  Let 'em crash us?  Crash 'em back?  Better to think it out in advance, as you have, than be a can't-happen-to-me deer run over in their headlights.

Captain Benny
Captain Benny's picture
Hat Tips: 487
Die by the sword

I don't think I'll ask for identification or papers during a home invasion and thus I think all home invasions would transpire similarly.  There will be bullets flying and knives swinging.  Live free or die trying.  If you're religious, may I suggest praying for the families of those unfortunate kids that decided to do the door kicking in...

Gil
Gil's picture
Hat Tips: 1175
Your question was put forth

Your question was put forth musically by the Clash over 30 years ago:

railroadbuff
railroadbuff's picture
Captain Benny wrote:  Live

Captain Benny wrote:

Live free or die trying. 

Hate though I do to acknowledge it, I guess you're right.

Couldn't imagine what it might have been, but I was hoping with this thread that somebody had some solution besides "pray this doesn't happen."

Once in a while we've got to accept a hard answer: it's not the worst thing in the world to die trying.

Thanks, all.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "What if your home invaders are the police or the army?"