Is a Gold Standard the BANKSTERS' Solution to our Crisis?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ChicksDigIt
ChicksDigIt's picture
Hat Tips: 262
Is a Gold Standard the BANKSTERS' Solution to our Crisis?

Just came across this documentary on American monetary history called The Secret of OZ.
I'm still trying to process everything...but it appears a gold standard is the banksters' goal.
Could our only hope be Free Silver?

The Secret of OZ

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
ChicksDigIt wrote:...but it

ChicksDigIt wrote:
...but it appears a gold standard is the banksters' goal.

Have not watched the linked program yet.  Will do it.  Have not those in the bankster world been buying lots of gold for a number of years? (Yes).  Sinclair has mentioned a time or two that he thought Barrick would end up being  the "consolidator" of the industry, and suggested we look at who has been on Barrick's board throughout the years.  That list is made up mostly of people who are NOT in the mining industry; they are elitists and politicos.  There is a reason for that.  My conclusion is the banksters and their allies know where gold is going, what part it will play in the future, and have been preparing by accumulating it in a number of ways.  Those are my thoughts anyway.

Shawk Nixon
Shawk Nixon's picture
Hat Tips: 8
I don't believe that the gold

I don't believe that the gold standard would help bankers one bit.   The essence of banking is credit. They make their huge commissions, fees and interest by loaning money in various forms.  A big bulk of this comes in derivatives market, CDO's, swaps, insurance, options, margin trading, etc.    Going to "hard money" would take away these nasty financial innovations that lead to their huge bonuses.  Bankers have thrives since going off the gold standard.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
It's the last card they will

It's the last card they will have in their deck.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Tom L
Tom L's picture
Hat Tips: 6766
His Premise is completely Flawed

Watched 15 minutes of his 'history lesson' and nearly threw up.

Sorry, but the Roman Copper/Brass coinage was not a people's money, it was nothing more than a debasement scheme as the gold that was originally in the coins was steadily removed over time that eventually busted. 

That someone would make an entire movie having gotten the basics of Gresham's law so completely backwards is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Ta,

-- Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Need Goats or Chickens? Say hello at: www.facebook.com/PirateDogAcres

Tom L
Tom L's picture
Hat Tips: 6766
Shawk Nixon wrote: I don't

Shawk Nixon wrote:

I don't believe that the gold standard would help bankers one bit.   The essence of banking is credit. They make their huge commissions, fees and interest by loaning money in various forms.  A big bulk of this comes in derivatives market, CDO's, swaps, insurance, options, margin trading, etc.    Going to "hard money" would take away these nasty financial innovations that lead to their huge bonuses.  Bankers have thrives since going off the gold standard.

Exactly.  They have introduced a money whose value can be manipulated at the stroke of a pen.  The issue is that, as Santa has said many times, they have all the gold, and have given us this crap in return.  When this system fails (has it already?) completely they will be there with all the gold to reintroduce gold as a currency.  The question is will we fall for it yet again?  Or will we demand money that is not state or banker controlled?

When something as unfinished as Bitcoin can rise from $0.06 to $12-15 in 18 months I'd say that a number of people have already begun looking for better solutions than what slave trade the bankers will offer.

Ta,

-- Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Need Goats or Chickens? Say hello at: www.facebook.com/PirateDogAcres

loriewil
loriewil's picture
Hat Tips: 277
Other articles commenting on returning to a Gold Standard

Here are some other views on the viability/merits of going to the gold standard:

1. Why U.S. Will Never Return to a Gold Standard and What That Means for the Price of Gold http://www.munknee.com/2011/07/why-u-s-will-never-return-to-a-gold-standard-and-what-that-mean-for-the-price-of-gold/
  2. A Return to the Gold Standard Has Major Shortcomings  http://www.munknee.com/2010/11/a-return-to-the-gold-standard-has-major-shortcomings/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Is a Gold Standard the BANKSTERS' Solution to our Crisis?"