stun gun

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
steeled
steeled's picture
Hat Tips: 576
stun gun

anyone have one? opinions (good or bad)? recommendations?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06

you get as good as you give

pourty
pourty's picture
Hat Tips: 2678
What for?

I don't have one, but I wouldn't want to trust my life with one against an intruder in my home.  I'd prefer something that's a proven man-stopper.

My guess is you'd rather not kill anyone, but, assuming you used it effectively, what are you going to do when the electrical shock is over and he gets up again?

steeled
steeled's picture
Hat Tips: 576
pourty

having a gun and all of our household fully trained is my goal, but we have a child with severe medical and physical problems and his degree of understanding is not yet to a level where I could be comfortable having one in the house (appropriately secured, is a given). That will take a while to achieve. Therefore, I'm investigating other options for the interim.

The idea of stun gun was mentioned to me and may be less problematic in that our boy wouldn't "recognize" and want to "pretend" with it (unlike a gun)--not that it would be left lying around or unsecured, just that it may provoke less interest. Our circumstances may be difficult to understand, but I know that we cannot be uniquely challenged with these issue.

As for your question about when the electrical shock was over...... I don't expect it to do anything but give us a few extra minutes to get the f**k out! Until I become more accurate with a firearm, shooting to kill or even maim would be a lucky shot at best-not that I wouldn't try!!!!!

you get as good as you give

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "stun gun"