QE

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Woody Mornings
Woody Mornings's picture
Hat Tips: 302
QE

According to Ron Paul and others the fed operates with little transparency.  That being said, can't the fed just keep on printing in the dark? 

If the fed can indeed keep adding to the money supply in secret, could someone explain how the market would detect a surplus of cash sloshing around the economy?  It seems the consensus around here is that QE can't and won't end.  I'm just curious as to how TPTB could possibly keep further QE a secret.

Thanks

PS  I know I should have posted this in currency but, since I came to Turd as a silver bug, I figured I'd post it here.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Old Major
Old Major's picture
Hat Tips: 230
If the Fed inflates the

If the Fed inflates the currency supply in secret, we will know over time as the new money in the system works its way around.  Aggregate prices will rise as a result of monetary inflation.

They may not officially call it QE3.  Just like they said QE2 came to an end in June, but they are reinvesting 300 billion over the next 12 months.  Forget where I read it, but that's basically QE2.5.

The debt based money system must continue to grow exponentially or the economy will collapse. At the same time if they continue creating money, we will experience hyperinflation.

When debt based fiat money in America comes to an end, I hope the general public learns the right leassons from it so we don't ever repeat this mistake again.

pourty
pourty's picture
Hat Tips: 2678
They are reinvesting...

Pardon my newbie ignorance... but what does this mean?  How are they "reinvesting 300 billion" and how does this relate to QE-like activities?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Old Major wrote:

If the Fed inflates the currency supply in secret, we will know over time as the new money in the system works its way around.  Aggregate prices will rise as a result of monetary inflation.

They may not officially call it QE3.  Just like they said QE2 came to an end in June, but they are reinvesting 300 billion over the next 12 months.  Forget where I read it, but that's basically QE2.5.

The debt based money system must continue to grow exponentially or the economy will collapse. At the same time if they continue creating money, we will experience hyperinflation.

When debt based fiat money in America comes to an end, I hope the general public learns the right leassons from it so we don't ever repeat this mistake again.

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
Old Major wrote:When debt

Old Major wrote:

The public has no say.  the public just pays the money to the banksters.  the solution will be offered by the crooks who will simply come up with a solution which will be much worse.  they are now proposing we join with europe and give up our sovereignty.  all in the name of one world government controlled and run by the Banksters.  Money runs the world.   the public are but slaves of the banksters.

The fed was put in place against the people at the time. 1913

the banks bribed our government to  start the fed res.  one of the most productive bribes every done.  the banksters will own the entire world.

The fed is the problem.  Our government is the problem. 

we should print no interest money.  there is no need to pay a private bank company interest on all the government money.  that is so stupid on the face of it.

watch the video THE SECRET OF OZ to understand the corruption of our money by the foreign owned federal reserve.  we have foreign ownership of our money and economy and our president.  the fed is the center of money.  It is the center of corruption of our government.

TOTAL CORRUPTION BEYOND BELIEF.  THEY CORRUPTED OUT MINDS OUR IDEAS WE WERE LIED TO EVERY DAY IN EVERY WAY.

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

Old Major
Old Major's picture
Hat Tips: 230
QE 2.5

My best understanding of it, QE2 the Fed created 600 billion dollars out of thin air to buy US Treasury Bonds.  They have stated that they intend to keep their balance sheet at it's current level by reinvesting "redeemed proceeds from agency and agency MBS" and buy 2 to 10 year Treasuries starting in Aug of 2011.  They expect it to be about 300 billion over a 12 month period.

unum mountaineer
unum mountaineer's picture
Hat Tips: 3
not to mention QE lite never

not to mention QE lite never stopped. $25 billion / month. the sack man and his cute intern have been busy.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "QE "