FDA trying to grant big pharama a monopoly...

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
DFrat
DFrat's picture
Hat Tips: 370
FDA trying to grant big pharama a monopoly...

Hey guys, I've noticed quite a few PM buffs are also into supplements/nutrition, so I'd urge everyone to take a look at this.  It's the FDA's latest attempt at taking away all nutritional supplements that are not made by big pharma (whose products are absolute trash we all know):

http://www.anh-usa.org/fda-new-sneak-attack-on-supplements/

As if having our wealth taken away was not enough, they're even trying to take away our health...

Spread the word, just like we are trying to do with PMs!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Conclusive proof

This kind of Gestapo crap is conclusive proof that government spends too much money on itself. Kill the FDA, kill the TSA, kill the IRS, kill the DOR, kill the ATF, kill the DEA,  QUIT TRYING TO RUIN OUR LIVES, and THEN talk to me about reneging on Social Security. 

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

stalking wolf
stalking wolf's picture
Hat Tips: 580
This may be a blessing?

I agree controls and regulations of most kinds are overrated.  I have heard that supplements are overrated as well, unless if it the supplement is coming to you in its whole and natural form the way god/earth/universe made it.  For example, Bee pollen, liver, cod liver oil, nutritional yeast, spirulina and other see weeds.  For one thing, Dr. Blaylock says any amino acid in it's isolated form takes on the characteristics of an Excitotoxin(MSG).  Also, I've heard that a lot of vitamins especially ones found in fortified foods(cereal) are synthetic which would seem like an ok idea, after all carbon is carbon, and gold is gold;however, these synthetic vitamins are supposedly mirror images of the real thing.  So it's like trying to jam  the wrong piece into a jigsaw puzzle, yeah it fits in the space i guess, but it just does not look right. 

"A building's form should follow it's function", Howard Roarke.

Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Choice=Freedom

Be that as it may, the choice of what to put into your body should be YOURS, not some bureaucrat's. 

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

stalking wolf
stalking wolf's picture
A word on enzymes and probiotics.

I was just reading the other day in Sally Fallons amazing book NOURISHING TRADITIONS that, Vitamins do no work, Minerals do no work, Amino acids and fatty acids do no work.  It is the enzyme that takes these things and makes use of them.  It is the beneficial bacteria that keep bad bacteria from taking over(E.Coli).  We are symbiotic beings we can not live without these things that are autonomous forms of life, which is why our savalary glands and pancreas make enzymes.  As we age this process slows down which is why we want to eat more fermented foods(foods with an abundance of enzymes and bacteria).  Every time we pass an excess of gas that is wasted energy, just like a car spitting out to much exhaust(un used fuel), we want to be running as close to %100 efficiency as possible.

diegeiro
diegeiro's picture
Hat Tips: 1244
Soy not GRAS/ Sally Fallon "Nourishing Traditions"

Nourishing traditions is a great cookbook with lots of extra information.  I consider it a "must have" manual for anyone wanting to eat whole nutrient rich foods that still have a life force in them. Most of our SAD (standard american diet) is the consumption of dead foods.

FYI: Sally Fallon is a leader in the Weston Price Foundation and a proponent of raw (enzyme rich) milk. There is also a wealth of information available from Weston Price on healthful living and they have a list of farms where you can purchase organic and GMO free food. Sally has written extensively regarding the use of soy which is now almost 100% genetically modified and is in just about everything. Not everyone knows that soy is not GRAS (generally recognized as safe). You can find this information on their site.

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy-alert

"The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are." CS Lewis

stalking wolf
stalking wolf's picture
Cook book?

Sally Fallons book is backed buy tons of scientific journals.  I'm majoring in science right now, and have used her book in every research paper so far.  Thanks for the hat tips;)

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Hat Tips: 3917
Nourishing Traditions: Going to the Farm

http://www.westonaprice.org/book-reviews/thumbs-up/393-nourishing-traditions

Joe's. 

154_silver
154_silver's picture
Hat Tips: 1716
FDA / Monsanto and US "food" supply

This subject is huge, and very important to take note of - the revolving door between corporations & "government" needs to be constantly monitored, particularly when it comes to such things as our food, water & air - all of which are vital to life, and all are being subjected to "new regulations" removing human rights from the equation.

I'll just link a couple of things, see if anyone's interested. . .

Michael Taylor, a Former Monsanto Lawyer, Has Been Appointed by the President to the Position of FDA Deputy Commissioner for Foods, is an Industry Fox in the Public Henhouse of the FDA and USDA

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3zstug9

Their complicity was never more obvious than when Wikileaks released documents on how Monsanto and the U.S. government teamed up on a strategy to compel Spain to lift their ban on GMO products. At one point, Monsanto and the U.S. government used the World Bank to threaten Ireland. Irish ministers were told that if they did not permit GMO foods to be sold in Ireland, they would not be eligible to receive any loans.

Here's a research paper on the effects of GMO corn on health (virtually all corn, soy & wheat grown commercially in the US is GMO and there are no laws that require disclosure on packaging):

"A Comparison of the Effects of Three GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health"

(scroll down to "conclusions" if you don't want to read it all)

http://www.biolsci.org/v05p0706.htm

There are a number of great sites keeping track of the corporate government's increasing takeover of food, including regulating personal gardens & small-holdings, here's a couple that I like & follow:

http://farmwars.info/

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/

Foodfreedom has a new article today on nanoparticles in food & pesticides:

Nanoparticles cross the blood-brain barrier, posing a significant threat to human DNA and that of other life forms. Currently, the US Food and Drug Administration and the US Environmental Protection Agency allow nanoparticles in pesticides and in the food supply, with no regulation whatsoever.

REALLY recommend reading this, and staying informed about new food & water legislation(s).

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
everything is gmo

gmo is just a buzzword. When you hear 'genetically modified' you think of scientists in labcoats tinkering with plant cells under a microscope. The truth is, gmo is a process of selective breeding as old as humankind. Corn for example has been selectively bread for thousands of years to get larger kernels, faster growth, and bigger ears. If you were to look at corn as it was naturally occurring before humans began selective breeding programs, it would be virtually unrecognizable to us today. Strawberries are another good example. Have you ever seen wild strawberries? They look small and unnourished compared to what we can buy in the store. That difference is not a result of some mad scientist somewhere inserting artificial gene sequences into the strawberry dna, it is from a thousand years of picking only the best looking strawberries and growing only them. Is that bad? Well yes actually, the result is very much the same as inbreeding in humans, you get generally unstable dna and higher occurrence of deformities. Commercial strawberries are among the most unstable and mutation prone plants in production. A good friend of mine is a botanist working for driscolls berries here in california, and he tells me a lot of stories from work.

For example, if you were to take a seed from a strawberry you buy in a store and plant it, there is no guarantee it would grow at all, and if it did grow, there is even less of a chance the resulting plant would produce fruit. Driscolls has to produce all their plants from a cloning process.

154_silver
154_silver's picture
Hat Tips: 1716
Genetically modified foods

Genetically modified foods (or GM foods) are foods derived from genetically modified organisms. Genetically modified organisms have had specific changes introduced into their DNA by genetic engineering techniques. These techniques are much more precise[1] than mutagenesis (mutation breeding) where an organism is exposed to radiation or chemicals to create a non-specific but stable change. Other techniques by which humans modify food organisms include selective breeding; plant breeding, and animal breeding, and somaclonal variation.

GM foods were first put on the market in the early 1990s. Typically, genetically modified foods are transgenic plant products: soybean, corn, canola, and cotton seed oil. Animal products have also been developed, although as of July 2010 none are currently on the market.[2]

from the wiki entry, which I recommend reading - GM foods are primarily Monsanto engineered to OWN the rights to the seed that produces the food, which means farmers are tied to purchasing seed every season, and cannot save their seeds as they have historically - it's a "copyright" on the food supply, with subsequent control of the crops produced, which are also tied to the Monsanto pesticides:

In March 2011 a coalition of family farmers, consumers and other critics of corporate agriculture held a town meeting to protest what they see as unfair consolidation of the nation's food system into the hands of a few multinationals. They contend that global biotech seed leader Monsanto controls the U.S. commercial seed market using unfair, and in some cases illegal, practices. They argue that Monsanto, which develops, licenses and markets genetically altered corn, soybeans and other crops, manipulates the seed market by buying up independent seed companies, patenting seed products, and then spiking prices. The group hopes to re-establish farmer rights to save seed from their harvested crops and replant it

beyond the wiki entry, there are MANY sites set up to alert anyone who is interested in just what it is they're eating, particularly in the US.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "FDA trying to grant big pharama a monopoly..."