FREE Rifle marksmanship clinic offer

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
posterboy
posterboy's picture
Hat Tips: 125
FREE Rifle marksmanship clinic offer

Turdites

Now that I have your attention I am willing to give away a FREE weekend of rifle marksmanship learning via Appleseed. Open to anyone interested and if you need a rifle I can even loan you one. If you happen to be male over 21 and not a LEO or in the Active Military this is a $70 value ! First one to PM me or respond affirmative in this thread get's it !

OK here's the catch...you have to come to me. Where is Ohio. Gibsonburg to be exact (NW Ohio). There are four upcoming clinics.

July 23/24

August 27/28

September 24/25

October 22/23

The other requirement is that you need to post a report of you experiences of attending an Appleseed in this forum. Good or bad you have a free hand to write about it honestly to tell the turdites and dingleberries of the world.

so what's Appleseed ? we are a nationwide , non for profit ,all volunteer organization that teaches rifle marksmanship fundamentals and American History in weekend clinics that are designed for shooters of all levels from the very newest to someone who has lots of experience. We also tell the story of April 19th 1775 and explain why that it is so important to know. I guarantee you that you haven't heard history told this way. Here's the website: www.appleseedusa.org. I am an instructor in the program and this is the second time I have posted about it on this forum. Trust me on this...it is worth  your time and you can't spend a weekend in a better way.

what say you?

posterboy

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
posterboy
posterboy's picture
Again open to anyone..I know

Again open to anyone..I know my post is semi confusing I was just letting you know that it is $70 value. It is appleseed policy that active military, guard, reserve and LEO attend free . Women are $10 for the weekend and anyone under 21 $5

Again my offer is open to anyone !

pb

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Hat Tips: 3056
Sold! Going to go local though

Hey posterboy, I think I had heard about Appleseed from some other enthusiasts around the office and our club range.  I went and checked it out and am feeling privileged to live within distance of the home range in Ramseur, NC. 

Thanks for your post here, I'm definitely going to sign up for a weekend Appleseed and try it out!

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat

posterboy
posterboy's picture
Awesome ! the Mother ship ! 

Awesome ! the Mother ship !  the sooner the better because you'll wonder why you didn't  do it sooner. My "free" offer does not apply to Ramseur however.... One day I'll make it out there my self.

Offer is still open. We have a 500 yrd range at Gibsonburg. That's a 1/4 mile. What you learn at appleseed will enable you to shoot consistently at that distance..come and see because we WILL shoot on it.

sorry I can't make it free for any where else. Camping by the way is free for the weekend @ GBurg if that helps any....it's worth the drive.

pb

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Worth burning some FIAT on!

No worries on the not-free-unless-you-come-to-Ohio offer, totally understand, didn't expect otherwise.  

From my reading of the site Appleseed is totally worth spending some fiat on.  And I should greatly improve my shooting.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat

posterboy
posterboy's picture
Tread if you don't improve 

Tread

if you don't improve  by leaps and bounds.....shoot that can't happen....Appleseed is that awesome. I wouldn't waste my precious time and fiat on it if I didn't 100% believe in it.

when you go make sure you post.

huzzah

pb

posterboy
posterboy's picture
Turdites don't wanna

Turdites

don't wanna beg...but surely there must be someone on this board reasonably close to me...Detroit/Cleveland/ Columbus/Ft Wayne/ Dayton/akron/Cinci..That has to be alot of folks in those metro areas and in between.

There is mucho discussion of what kind of arm to buy or not and the obligatory "you must know how to use it" response. Well this would be  your chance. I'd rather have 10 rnds and skill then a fancy rifle and no skill. Like all prep you have to actually do it for it to be worthwhile.  Heck..borrow one of my rifles..come and then if you haven't bought a rifle yet  you'll have an idea as to what your looking for after a weekend of shooting.

pb

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Definitely take up posterboy's offer

It WILL be worth it. 

charliebravo
charliebravo's picture
Hat Tips: 83
Great Program

Been there, done that.  Absolutely fantastic program.  I attended with my 8 year old son and my 10 year old daughter.  They both shot rifleman scores (only from the prone position) by the end of the second day.  Will go again.

Vic
Vic's picture
Hat Tips: 500
I wish I could go! I've

I wish I could go!

I've wanted to go to an Appleseed for a while now. There aren't any within 100 miles of me, though. I live a LONG way from you (southeast Texas), so that's not a realistic option for me.

I just wanted to show my support for the Appleseed program and encourage anyone who might be considering it to go!

posterboy
posterboy's picture
Thanks Vic and Charlie

Thanks Vic and Charlie Bravo..

Vic there is an easy solution for you...find a club nearby and ask them to host an Appleseed and they will come to you !. We are self contained and all we need is a safe 25m line that will hold 20 people minimum and a spot on the schedule. Appleseed provides everything else including insurance, targets and instructors.

I know there HAS to be someone around Mi, OH Penn, that wants to come......it is the ideal way to spend a weekend that is prep. How many of you out there can take a rifle and sight in reliably  ..any rifle .. just one skill you learn in a mere weekend.

pb

posterboy
posterboy's picture
More encouragement....

did you know appleseed was invited by a unit in the South Carolina National guard to do an appleseed for 500 guardsmen before they went to A-stan ...did one for the 10th mtn too ? appleseed isn't Military in nature but it's the fundamentals that the Service recognizes as a sound base to build on

http://www.drum.army.mil/mountaineer/Article.aspx?ID=4734

It's fun to shoot pop cans and milk jugs but do you have a methodical way to improve and refine your skill ? You will after a weekend....and most importantly you'll able to teach someone else ! More is better !

Did you watch last year's Top Shot on The History channel ? Jamie Franks is an appleseeder and directly credits the Appleseed for helping. He is now becoming an instructor. What helped him kick lots of butt?....appleseed

http://www.jamiefranks.com/project-appleseed

http://www.jamiefranks.com/jamies-first-appleseed

Ever hear of Massad Ayoob ? World renowned defensive gun instructor ? A man who has seen just about every type of firearms course.....He digs appleseed....

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob123.html

The evidence is stacking up the ole Posterboy isn't some internet barker..appleseed is awesome..read for yourself and MAKE TIME and go..man... I am even giving one away ! Someone around me is going to be fortunate..why not YOU

pb

Mikey
Mikey's picture
Hat Tips: 469
Appleseed is a great program.

Appleseed is a great program. Going again when it cools off. Take plenty of water, lunch and snacks.

diegeiro
diegeiro's picture
Hat Tips: 1244
appleseed

@posterboy

I just saw your post and am definitely interested. You are relatively close to us, and both my husband I need to learn this skill. Not sure how to contact you via private messaging though.

"The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are." CS Lewis

posterboy
posterboy's picture
Ding Ding Ding we have a

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner !

Look for diegiro's report on Appleseed after they attend

Stay Tuned  this offer may spring up again !

posterboy

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
FINALLY made it to Appleseed

And it was awesome.  Blew away all my expectations. 

Got my patch on Sunday, 4 successive Rifleman scores (10-22, 25 meter short course).

Cannot wait to go back again, and work on the Known Distance range.

The history was the highlight.  The people, and attitudes mesh so well with those (well, most of them ;)) on display here in Turdland.  Gives me faint hope for America.  Really.

Go to Appleseed!  Should be required part of your preps.

Ralphie
Ralphie's picture
Hat Tips: 281
War on guns?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

I thought there were in the works efforts to make "having guns" a little more tailored to the times, but a war on guns? Oh my! 

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/12/nra-guns-2012/60008/

"Why the NRA Is Still Winning the War on Guns"

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "FREE Rifle marksmanship clinic offer"