'Sup with the thread locking?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
uptofreedom
uptofreedom's picture
Hat Tips: 561
'Sup with the thread locking?

I've  said everything I've had to say about the  issue, but obviously some still want to discuss it.  What's the harm in letting 'em?  What, once Admin rules users can't have an opinion?  No one was being offensive, the threads were properly categorized...   Did I miss the "No contradicting Admin" clause in the Community Guidelines?

The man who sto...
The man who stole a leopard's picture
Hat Tips: 1208
??? HUH ???

You mean the thread about self-hat-tippers?

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 1958
uptofreedom there is a thread

uptofreedom there is a thread for admin feedback.

I've been posting on forums a long long time and agree with you that that one seemed to be shut down rather bluntly.  Going to wait a little while longer before posting helpful constructive feedback on the appropriate thread though.

Since I've fed the Turd but not actually paying for a subscription I'm muddling through what kind of "customer service" I expect.

As well I'm seeing at least two different styles of mod so perhaps there's more than one using the same username (or I'm not paying attention to the username)

On just about any forum though, openly mixing it up with the mods will not end well for the user.  It's up to the site owner to source good mods.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
There's only so much time in the day....

uptofreedom wrote:

I've  said everything I've had to say about the  issue, but obviously some still want to discuss it.  What's the harm in letting 'em?  What, once Admin rules users can't have an opinion?  No one was being offensive, the threads were properly categorized...   Did I miss the "No contradicting Admin" clause in the Community Guidelines?

No, but at a certain point we only have so much time in the day (and there are two of us using this account and there's *still* too much to respond to!) that we actually don't get paid for all the time we have spent on the site answering questions ad nauseum. In this case, there's only so much back and forth we have time for. We simply do not have the time. Period.

Now if you guys want to continue hashing it out and it's that important to you, then I guess we can open it back up. But we can't respond to this issue anymore.

But as we've stated before, whether or not this gets implemented is up to Turd. We are certainly giving him the option to do it and it's on our high priority list for him to approve or not.

But at some point you need to remember that yes, this is a free service for you, that running this site takes time and money, and not everything can or will get implemented immediately. Just the costs of these servers alone, to handle all the traffic, is the price of small mortgage for a lot of people.

Please be patient.

Thank you!

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
admin wrote: No, but at a

admin wrote:

No, but at a certain point we only have so much time in the day (and there are two of us using this account and there's *still* too much to respond to!) that we actually don't get paid for all the time we have spent on the site answering questions ad nauseum. In this case, there's only so much back and forth we have time for. We simply do not have the time. Period.

Now if you guys want to continue hashing it out and it's that important to you, then I guess we can open it back up. But we can't respond to this issue anymore.

But as we've stated before, whether or not this gets implemented is up to Turd. We are certainly giving him the option to do it and it's on our high priority list for him to approve or not.

But at some point you need to remember that yes, this is a free service for you, that running this site takes time and money, and not everything can or will get implemented immediately. Just the costs of these servers alone, to handle all the traffic, is the price of small mortgage for a lot of people.

Please be patient.

Thank you!

Classy response.

Hat tipped ;)  just couldn't resist.

uptofreedom
uptofreedom's picture
Hat Tips: 561
HappyNow wrote:Since I've

HappyNow wrote:

Since I've fed the Turd but not actually paying for a subscription I'm muddling through what kind of "customer service" I expect.

On just about any forum though, openly mixing it up with the mods will not end well for the user.  It's up to the site owner to source good mods.

I've fed the Turd too.  Not trying to mix it up with admin, just trying to figure out "the rules".

admin wrote:

I'm not questioning your handling of the matter that was being discussed in the threads that got locked.  As I've said, you've explained things to my satisfaction, I'm happy leaving it in Turds' hands and have no interest in discussing the matter further.  What I'm questioning is why a thread that wasn't violating the guidelines warranted locking.  If you don't have time to reply, then don't reply.  Easy peazy.   Why the need to prevent members from discussing further?

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
I wanted to follow-up on the

I wanted to follow-up on the self-hat tipping since Turd mentioned it in his blog yesterday:

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/1352/beware-whipsaw

Turd Ferguson wrote:

p.s. I need your assistance with something. This site is designed with a positive feedback loop via the "hat tip" button. Please do not use it to promote yourself. Those of you who are "self-tipping" are ruining the value of a tool which is designed to allow the reader/user to measure the credibility of the author. Thanks for your help.

At this time Turd has decided he doesn't want to spend the time or money to remove self-hat tipping.  He would prefer to invest in other tasks.

If you feel this is extremely important and needs to be addressed, click the "Feed The Turd" link in the upper right corner of the page, send Turd a donation, and add a note with it stating that you want the funds to go towards removing self-hat tipping.  Thanks.

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
admin wrote: I wanted to

admin wrote:

I wanted to follow-up on the self-hat tipping since Turd mentioned it in his blog yesterday:

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/1352/beware-whipsaw

Turd Ferguson wrote:

p.s. I need your assistance with something. This site is designed with a positive feedback loop via the "hat tip" button. Please do not use it to promote yourself. Those of you who are "self-tipping" are ruining the value of a tool which is designed to allow the reader/user to measure the credibility of the author. Thanks for your help.

At this time Turd has decided he doesn't want to spend the time or money to remove self-hat tipping.  He would prefer to invest in other tasks.

If you feel this is extremely important and needs to be addressed, click the "Feed The Turd" link in the upper right corner of the page, send Turd a donation, and add a note with it stating that you want the funds to go towards removing self-hat tipping.  Thanks.

Thanks admin.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "'Sup with the thread locking?"