Silver confiscation: When it will happen and why it will happen.

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
bensgone
bensgone's picture
Silver confiscation: When it will happen and why it will happen.

Silver: It’s All About Inventories, by Jeff Nielson

"Having spent countless hours studying this “equation”, I have concluded that there is no plausible way for JP Morgan to extricate itself from its self-created financial suicide other than through the U.S. government once again confiscating the silver held by its own citizens (as it did in the 1930’s). Given the magnitude of the silver-losses being hidden by the criminal-shorts, it is very unlikely that U.S. silver-confiscation alone would be sufficient to rescue all of the banking Oligarchs who have taken part in this manipulative shorting. Thus, we could easily see concurrent “confiscation” schemes in many/most/all Western nations.

Let me qualify that comment by noting that at this point “confiscation” would start (and likely end?) with all of the “bullion” held in bullion-ETF’s or bullion “accounts” – which were based in jurisdictions taking part in confiscation. The vast majority of personal bullion holdings are contained in this form and can be seized (literally) through nothing more than the click of a mouse.

It is highly unlikely that our governments have any appetite for smashing down doors and directly seizing bullion by force. First of all this would require a massive expenditure of resources (and extremely bad “optics” for our fascist governments), for a limited yield of bullion. Secondly, especially in the U.S., many of the same people stashing significant quantities of physical silver are also stashing significant amounts of guns and ammunition. They would not get much of this silver without (literally) a fight. Most likely, our governments would not go beyond the mouse-click – which also explains why the propaganda-machine has done its best to “herd” bullion investors into the large bullion-ETF’s." (Bold emphasis added)"

This is a must read article I highly recommend.  Read the whole article click below:

http://www.bullionbullscanada.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21610:silver-its-all-about-inventories&catid=49:silver-commentary&Itemid=130

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 1958
The last time bullion was

The last time bullion was "confiscated" it wasn't what most of us think of as confiscation.  Not at all like confiscating drugs.   A handful of charges were laid against persons who didn't surrender the metal.

Rather than spell it out here let's be educated.  Google is your friend.

Note:  Having a gov't demand that the citizens sell metal to them at a fixed price under penalty of prosecution is serious indeed and the ETF's make it easier to do with less fuss for sure.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

funthea
funthea's picture
Hat Tips: 34
confiscation

Even if the government did expedite a confiscation campaign of physical silver, I would have to decline.

Besides, I no longer have any physical silver to forfeit... for I have lost all of my silver in an unfortunate boating accident, as of recent.

I miss that silver ;)

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
Noone here owns any precious

Noone here owns any precious metal.  People just discuss and decide what they would do in theory if they really did have it.  Its just pretend here

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

bensgone
bensgone's picture
SELL YOUR ETF'S

LOL, funthea

I posted this article to encourage people to sell their SLV accounts and take physical possession and to discourage others from buying those funds, and if they must, instead buy the miners for not only exposure to the metals but get the added advantage of leverage as well.  I totally agree with this insightful article and recommend everyone read it in it's entirety.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
benroberts13 wrote: LOL,

benroberts13 wrote:

LOL, funthea

I posted this article to encourage people to sell their SLV accounts and take physical possession and to discourage others from buying those funds, and if they must, instead buy the miners for not only exposure to the metals but get the added advantage of leverage as well.  I totally agree with this insightful article and recommend everyone read it in it's entirety.

Yep if it gets to that any of the PM funds will be cleaned out in the country doing the forced sale.    And potentially shares tracked to funds held outside the country.

wackzingo
wackzingo's picture
Hat Tips: 443
I don't believe confiscation

I don't believe confiscation will take place and I don't believe it will be illegal to own. I think our government will take a much more indirect approach and make it very difficult to buy/sell through regulations. In other words I think it will become regulated much like guns have been in the past except there isn't anything overtly stated in the constitution to protect us from ultra strict laws. 

ferretflat
ferretflat's picture
Hat Tips: 1122
Confiscation is more likely

Confiscation is more likely than you realize.  They don't really care about the physical holdings.  They will get that thru snitches and siezures of opportunity.  What they will do is snatch up all the ETF shares.  This will be done solely to cover up the fact that there was no silver there in the first place.  It's the governments' primary job, to cover for the super crooks.

Tis no country for old men.

funthea
funthea's picture
They certainly could

I think this scenario of the taking of the ETF's, is actually quite likely.

First the ETF's will be stripped of any-and-all physical by the authorized participants, without any announcement of it allowing them to cover the COMEX. Then when the handlers are done, they will direct their puppets in the govmnt to seize the ETF's in some overt manner, and the share holders will be paid off in FRN's.

I still own GLD, and am just waiting to break even to get out.

Warren Peace
Warren Peace's picture
Hat Tips: 850
Cofiscation en process!

When you consider that SLV is already bleeding inventory on an almost daily basis, and the short interest in SLV keeps rising higher and higher...... the confiscation is well under way. This is not the government of times past, this government is supercharged with all these savvy banksters. Now, they don't do anything so blunt as to issue a command for all metals to be turned in, oh no. Now they do everything by obscurification, they have used SLV as a tool to confiscate silver from the public before the public ever had the silver. SLV has, since it's beginning drained demand away from real physical silver. All those shares of SLV represent silver that the government will never have to confiscate, because each share of SLV represents an oz of physical that some unsuspecting investor mistakenly thinks they own.

For the record... silver was not confiscated along with gold bullion in the 1930 executive order... look up executive order 6102. Silver currency was taken out of circulation voluntarily as the government issued replacement tokens through the banks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

Roger Wiegand issued an email alert in February 2011 describing plans of the EE to confiscate both gold and silver this year. According to this email alert, gold and silver would be confiscated, and then revalued to support a new currency at 10,000 per oz gold. Roger admits that this is only a possibility for this year, but claims his sources are legitimate, and accurate. The trigger point is said to be when gold hits $2000/oz.  http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article26409.html

I would not overly worry about SLV, and GLD being confiscated. I doubt there is currently much physical there, and there will be none by the time the confiscation happens. Any remaining will certainly be taken. It is certain that should you own these vehicles, you will be left holding paper. Instead, I would be very worried about all the bullion held at depositories, and warehouses. All the metal in IRA's and other private ownership. These are the places where the govm't will get their physical for a gold backed currency.

It is only prudent that investors convert any and all precious metals holdings currently in any part of the banking/ comex system, or in any paper vehicles, into physical that is in their direct control. It's time to come out from the evil fraudulent system that has kept us in bondage for so long. Stop playing their paper games designed to keep the real physical metals out of our hands. By the time it becomes evident to the public at large, it will be too late to do anything about it.

BTW, this is all in theory of course. As, alas, I do not have any money to put any of this into practice, and the PMs I had before were lost while moving. ;-)

stoneeh
stoneeh's picture
There won't be much to get. I

There won't be much to get. I saw a statistic somewhere that every 10000th person buys silver regularly. How much would they get, if we take into account that the average silver buyer is not stupid and will not be forced to exchange his silver for fiat, and maybe 10% would go in for it.. maybe they'd get 10mio oz if they decide to confiscate.

What should worry you more is that at some point they will definitely confiscate the physical from the ETFs. They will start where it's the most easy to obtain, and that's the ETFs and other storages where a lot of metal is concentrated.

Still, they just won't be able to obtain that much physical metal.. not nearly enough to solve their troubles.

- Markus

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Good point stoneeh

The value of silver compared to gold is relatively low.  There is far more $$$ of gold available than $$ of silver.    For all we know the government could throw the people a bone by letting them continue to hold silver while gold hoarding is forbidden.

stepman
stepman's picture
Hat Tips: 129
$ilver, gold, ammo and wiskey

Those will be the most traded items when the shtf.  Probably need to add food and water as barter as well.  As far as the Guvment taking our stuff, that will be the last draw.  This isn't the gullible society of the thirties.  Look around the world and see the people reacting to the greedy bankers.  Don't think for a moment that WE Americans won't protect ourselves and our goods.  As far as the IRA stashes go, I hear many scenarios that give me concern.  I have to be ready and able to take delivery and also have many sources.  Remember that it is NOT how much it is valued, it is how oz's you have. 

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush!

"There is no means of avoiding a final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as a result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved.” – Ludwig von Mises

stoneeh
stoneeh's picture
Err, should have read that

Err, should have read that article, the author made that exact same point about the ETFs, and I also totally agree with him on concurrent global confiscation. Very good article.

- Markus

funthea
funthea's picture
Actually, it was Executive

Actually, it was Executive Order 6814

Interesting to note that it did not include silver coins as the gold confiscation did. (see below)

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=14741#axzz1RFxB8y7n

Section 2. Silver required to be delivered..–There shall be delivered in accordance with the terms of this order all silver situated in the continental United States on the effective date hereof, except silver falling within any of the following categories so long as it continues to fall thereunder:

(a) Silver coins, whether foreign or domestic;

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Silver confiscation: When it will happen and why it will happen."