Best Silver investment newsletters?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigmark99
bigmark99's picture
Hat Tips: 548
Best Silver investment newsletters?

Trying to learn as much as I can and stay ahead of the curve, Any good silver newsletters out there?

Thank you for the help.      Me 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Jason Hommel's Silver Stock

Jason Hommel's Silver Stock Report. Biggest silver bull out there behind Sprott, I guess. Gives good information, but also sells silver so there's a conflict of interest. Also have to beware he's this die hard Christian type so you'll get religious rambling emails from time to time, but if that's not your thing it's easy enough to delete them.

http://www.silverstockreport.com/

David Morgan has one too, but they're just kind of "meh" unless you pay for the inside info. Some don't like the guy, I think he's ok and does seem to know the market well. 

http://www.silver-investor.com/

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
Newsletters...

I have subscribed to Morgan's for many years, and think it is the best one for keeping up with the silver market.  Morgan knows silver.  I have not been overly impressed with his junior stock choices in that time, but that is not the reason I subscribe.

I don't care for Hommel's stuff.  Have heard him at conferences and my opinion is he should be in the audience listening and learning, not up front trying to teach others.

silvernomics
silvernomics's picture
Hat Tips: 1270
www.butlerresearch.comTed

www.butlerresearch.com

Ted Butler is the granddaddy of silver bulls. All of what is common knowledge in the contrarian community today about the manipulation, the concentration, the involvement of JP Morgan in silver, originated with him.

He doesn't recommend shares or anything like that. He talks about the COT structure, about regulatory and metal flow news. And his historical articles (some of which are accessible for free at his website, others here: http://www.investmentrarities.com/tbarchives.shtml ) talk a lot about the fundamental supply and demand case for silver.

Most of my convictions with regard to silver originated by reading Ted Butler. A lot of people who may have never heard of him probably developed their convictions by reading people who lifted ideas from Ted Butler without crediting him.

He produces a Saturday roundup and does a weekday note fairly regularly too.

I am not a big fan of Morgan. I subscribed to his newsletter at one time but didn't feel like it provided any unique insight. Once you have got an idea of the ongoing bullish fundamentals, the only reason to subscribe to someone is to get updates on fundamentals and technicals and trade tips, timing tips. I don't think Morgan has much in the way of developing news that you can't glean by perusing the articles on the usual free websites. As for trade tips, I think someone like Adam Hamilton at Zeal is much more market-orientated than Morgan, and I wasn't all that impressed with his silver trade tips either. Silvercorp - woo hoo - I'm not going to pay someone to tell me that it's a good company. If you are looking for off-the-beaten-track hot silver juniors, a better bet for the heads-up is to peruse the forums on places like this and then do your own research.

The first newsletter I ever read was Doug Casey's International Speculator. It wasn't silvercentric but it did wake me up to the Greater Depression and so on a long time ago. Some of his tips were great, some less so.

In the end, there aren't a whole load of junior silvers out there. Once you thin it down to the right profile of companies with exploration potential but also developmentally advanced, with imminent or nascent production income, you've probably got a portfolio right there. Strike out the ones in Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and you're even closer.

Click on my blog link below and you'll get up a fairly extensive list of silver miners from which to start paring down.

boil_in_the_bag_rice
boil_in_the_bag_rice's picture
Hat Tips: 820
The International Forecaster

The International Forecaster by Bob Chapman.

Get a free copy by just emailing him bob@intforecaster.com

Hero!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Best Silver investment newsletters?"