Comex Silver Spot Closes 2008 thru 2011 Spreadsheet

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bay
Bay's picture
Hat Tips: 1760
Comex Silver Spot Closes 2008 thru 2011 Spreadsheet

If you are interested in some silver history a friend and I have created a spreadsheet and posted it at Google Docs. I am using the Comex spot closing (1:30pm EDT) price as provided by CMI Gold & Silver. I had to back track to get these numbers with 2008 being the least accurate because I had to use Kitco daily London close. For the purposes of price movements and percentages it is serving it's purpose as you will see when you visit the document.

I have been sending it out to friends prior to posting it at Google Docs to get feedback. Recently one said she was going to make a physical silver purchase when price was pushing $36 as she thought she missed the $33's. I suggested she look over the spreadsheet and note the typical price movements during this time of year. She did so and saw with some patience she could possibly get another crack at the $33's. Happy to say she was able to get that today.

This is of course not and end all tool but a piece of information I hope will be of some use in your some your decisions in the silver market. It can also be helpful to share with family and friends who are not at the present buying physical silver. Be sure to note the year ending numbers. The last two years have been eye popping to say the least. 

I will update it on a daily basis and if I don't for a few days it will be because I am away but will bring it up to date when I return. Any feed back will be appreciated. You can get to the spreadsheet at this link .....  COMEX SILVER SPOT CLOSES

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:21
raulv
raulv's picture
Hat Tips: 387
Great job!   Is it possible

Great job!

Is it possible to add a YTD gain / loss % at the end of the sheet ?

Bay
Bay's picture
Good Suggestion

Raulv

Thank you for the compliment. There is a year end for 2008 thru 2010 but I believe you would like to see a rolling year to date for 2011. As I think about it that is a real good suggestion .... check back early next week .... I will post back here what gets done .... a hat tip for you !!!!

Bay
Bay's picture
YTD +/- % over Final Close 2010

The spreadsheet has been updated to reflect a running total from the last close of 2011 on a daily basis to the last day close of 2010. You can find that at the bottom of the spreadsheet under 2011.

Is this what you had in mind raulv? Thanks again for the suggestion.

If anyone else has anything they would like to see let me know and I will try to incorporate it. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Comex Silver Spot Closes 2008 thru 2011 Spreadsheet"