116 posts / 0 new
Last post
SilverTree
SilverTree's picture
Hat Tips: 4521
C/2010 X1 (Elenin)

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin;orb=1;cov=1;log=0;cad=1#cad

nibiru.jpg

http://www.thetrueawakening.com/2011/03/comet-elenin-misnamed-on-purpose-nibiru.html

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:24
John Clark
John Clark's picture
Hat Tips: 67
Elenin continues on timeline...

Elenin continues on timeline... this Conspiracy Theories topic will be bumped to Current News and Events.

Keep your eye on the sky.

JC

"Hope for the best and plan for the worst" 

Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
Well, unless NASA/JPL is

Well, unless NASA/JPL is simply misleading everyone with the stats listed on the page referenced above, it appears that it's going to miss us by some 36,110,000 km. Close, I'll admit, but close enough to be concerned?

As it approaches I'm sure these numbers will firm up but won't change significantly, so help me to understand the issue here. Do you believe that they are lying or just wrong in their calculations? Or is the effect of this particular object such that it will be known that far away?

No argument that even a glancing blow would be devastating at roughly 24km/sec, I'm just trying to understand.

Pax

John Clark
John Clark's picture
Elenin has a series of coincidences...

Elenin has a series of coincidences starting with (1) amateur Russian astronomer, Leonid Elenin, who discovered Elenin on December 10, 2010, (2) JPL tracking program shows alignment with Elenin, Earth and Sun on 2-27-10 during the Chile 8.8 earthquake and on 3-11-11 during the Japan 9.0 earthquake, (3) NASA sent out emergency preparedness message to employees on June 10, 2011 and (4) Alignment with Elenin, Earth and Sun this September when Elenin will be closer to the Earth.

The question remains, is Elenin causing affects on the Solar System or is it a series of coincidences?

Elenin continues on timeline.

JC

Buckanear
Buckanear's picture
Hat Tips: 441
John

The reason why this cannot be taken seriously is G.  Gravity (G) drops off as the square of the distance.  So the farther away the exponentially less the gravity (G).  Also, mass of a comet (m) is very small considering the size of the Earth and the Sun.  Comets are a mixture of rock and frozen carbon dioxide, which makes it's mass (m) even lighter that solid rock.  Comets sizes are only fly specs compared to planets.  IMO in order for tidal forces to be significant enough to cause earth quakes this thing would have to be almost as massive as the sun at that distance, which it isn't because it would be clearly visible!  So IMO just all co-oincidences.  Same applies IMO to HAARP.  The energy required to move a trillion tons of crustal rock would require 50 nuclear power plants - in pure 100% efficient resonance.  The energy balance in both cases is out by an order of a trillion or quadrillion in magnitude!  The biggest danger with a comet is collision.

--------------------------------------------------------
>From here to there eventually<

shaunster
shaunster's picture
Hat Tips: 58
Interesting

I was following this a few months back. I tend to agree with Buckanear [above] and his evaluation. My background in physics is very basic, but with what I did know, I resided in the camp.

I had a friend explain this on a more complicated level, and he agreed, if this were a comet it would not have the gravitational pull just as Buckanear stated above. However, he did make it clear that if it were a larger mass [red dwarf], the possibilities, even though remote, could have a very impact, which would multiply as it drew closer. He referred me to this vid which explains it on a model. I am not versed enough in physics to really offer an opinion, but I would be curious what others think. It is an interesting model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0Bv1rQxgMbA#at=437

If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good. ~ Dr Seuss

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
I love this quote from one of

I love this quote from one of the JPL engineers: 

"So you've got a modest-sized icy dirtball that is getting no closer than 35 million kilometers," said Yeomans. "It will have an immeasurably miniscule influence on our planet. By comparison, my subcompact automobile exerts a greater influence on the ocean's tides than comet Elenin ever will."

John Galt
John Galt's picture
Hat Tips: 4906
Comet, Ice Ball or Brown Dwarf

Perhaps Elenin is not a comet.

Perhaps it is a Brown Dwarf. If so, the implications are vastly different.

"So you think that money is the root of all evil.
Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"

Buckanear
Buckanear's picture
Interesting

But 4 years out and it's 1/10 the size of the sun?  Google Sky put in points of interest for armatures to make the exploration of space interesting.  I'd think some Google astronomers and employees would be running for the hills if this were true.  If this thing were that big 4 years ago it would be 10X the size of our sun today and we'd be witnessing the annihilation of our solar system in our night sky.  So far no tidal waves and nothing significant outside the normal geological activity in the Ring of Fire region.  Sorry, just a scare tactic and those who have little grasp for astronomy and physics on the large scale fall prey to the bs deliberately created by fear mongers.  If it were there, the night vision goggles used by UFO guys would see it clear as night and the whole world would be in panic mode.  Sorry I don't go for this stuff it just doesn't make sense from a science point of view.  Think of it this way, why would Astronomers hide this knowing full well their families are at risk, surely they care more about finding sanctuary for their families over their measly jobs!  They would all be sadists if they just sat there waiting for everyone's demise.  Relax, breathe and enjoy the great weather!

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
Naw

Elenin in is not a comet, nor brown dwarf. The effects on earth during the last passes show it has mass, but not anything like a brown dwarf. NASA calls them near earth objects, and mostly they are just big rocks, also known as asteroids. This one hypothetically dislodged from the asteroid belt between mars and Jupiter, but no way to know for sure. Whatever excuse you want to use to have extra supplies on hand though, are fine with me. It never hurts to be prepared for whatever might happen. Not that you would bother preparing if the event were an actual impact. In that case there is nothing you can do so why worry?

SilverTree
SilverTree's picture
@UXneckpainrelief

This is facinating, however it doesn't seem to have anything to do with this thread.

ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9168
Thanks

Thanks for reporting... and while I am responding to you... your pictures are amazing!

Cheers

/end distraction

Mudsharkbytes
Mudsharkbytes's picture
Hat Tips: 8519
Brown Dwarfishness

This whole Elenin thing is a non-issue.

There are earthquakes every day on the earth, many of them major.  We just don't hear much about them unless they devastate a populated area.

And most of the simulations people use to show how the planets are supposedly aligned when these earthquakes occur don't take into account that the comet Elenin is not in the same planetary plane as our solar system, so the alignments are not really happening the way they think they are.

But even if Elenin WERE in our planetary plane, and take it a step further, even if it WERE a brown dwarf as some are proposing, its current gravitational influence on the earth, even when aligned with other planets, would still be less than a cat sitting in your lap, which is to say pert-near unmeasurable.

The Moon exerts much MUCH greater gravitational stress on the earth each day yet we're not earthquake besieged because of it, unless you interpret the tides as earthquakes.

Every time a new comet appears we have doom & gloomers coming out of the woodwork proclaiming the "end-'o'-the-world".  Remember the cult that committed suicide over the supposed 'Saturn-like object' that was trailing the Hale-Bopp comet?  That 'object' turned out to be lens flare/distortion off of an adjacent star.  It's kind of asinine to commit suicide over a photographic artifact.

Kid Salami
Kid Salami's picture
Hat Tips: 425
For something in between

For something in between "We're all going to die" and "anyone believing this is a moron", you might want to read this. Very interesting - only seemingly balanced thing I've read so far.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/231434-Elenin-Nibiru-Planet-X-Time-for-a-Sanity-Check

Dagny Taggart
Dagny Taggart's picture
Hat Tips: 119
That damned comet

I was just looking for a good light show... but I found Elenin. Here is the new Cornell published paper that says it is causing seismic events on earth. http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1104/1104.2036.pdf and here is the abstract. http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036 .

You can trace it's orbital progress and close approach info at NASA's Jet Prop Lab at Cal Tech.

Certainly worth keeping on the "radar."

John Clark
John Clark's picture
For something in between that damned comet...

For something in between that damned comet and the sun, certainly worth keeping on the "radar".

Thank you for the posts and articles, the news on Elenin has quiet down as if most are taking a wait and see attitude.

One thing to keep an eye on is some scientists believe the star Betelgeuse is about to go Supernova and be a spectacular sight in the night sky (another coincidence).   

Elenin continues on timeline.

JC

Buckanear
Buckanear's picture
Remote Viewing

If you want to find out whether the comet is a concern try RV'ing it.  Remote Viewing is a technique that everyone can do and mimics the key attributes that psychics use to predict future events.  RV allows you to determine anything past, present and future, it is a regimented skill that requires much practice but is surprisingly accurate.   A Ret military man Ed Dames was a developer of this technique during the cold war.  He will shortly providing an update on the Killshot that he and his team reported many years ago -- and apparently we are getting close to KS.  He predicted the Japan earth quake 6 years ago and has recently been on CTC radio to discuss the quake and many other things seen in our future.  Here's the RV site, good luck and get smart:  http://www.learnrv.com/?gclid=CJ_zvtvx-qkCFcjAKgoda0PxaQ

Kid Salami
Kid Salami's picture
Buckanear - come on, I've no

Buckanear - come on, I've no problem at all abandoning what I previously thought was true but that RV stuff is nonsense. I saw a big load of "predictions" on their site that they got right in the past - not so many future ones though, nor a list of the things they said would happen but didn't. And the salesmanship on there - dvd sets that allow you to predict the future sell themselves and don't need a "$75 special reduction".

Buckanear
Buckanear's picture
Kid - Don't get me Wrong I'm not selling RV

But I have the CDs and I've taken the training.  Pretty damn weird when you hit a target bang on.  Have you taken the training (I guess not)?  I've taken the training I know what RV can do and it's uncanny!  Very time consuming but it definitely points to some unforeseen system, forces or dimensions acting. 

It illustrate my point -- at the big bang all matter was created.  Science teaches us that matter and energy can neither be created nor destroyed.  Thus, all atomic building blocks created at the big bang are still here today albeit in a different chemical assemblage.  Given this truth, how do you explain the Second Law of Thermodynamics - Entropy?  The tendency for all energy states to collapse to lower energy states and a movement to randomness.  If this were true for atoms they would eventually all fall apart or disintegrate.  It's been ~14 Billion years since the BB created all atoms and these very same atoms are here today.  So the QUESTION is what is powering the strong nuclear force in the atom?  Viola, no answer.  Like much in science today - No Answer.  So please don't knock what you don't know or cannot explain!  Make sense?

BTW, the Wright Brothers did fly at Kitty Hawk, and yes there are heavier than air flying machines, and they did build horseless carriages.   We'll leave quantum entanglement and Einstein's "spooky action at a distance" for another day.

;-)

undefined: undefined »

Kid Salami
Kid Salami's picture
"So please don't knock what

"So please don't knock what you don't know or cannot explain!"

I'll agree that much of modern science explains far far less than it purports and that this religious idea that "peer review" establishes the truth is nonsense, trust me I have no problem with this. But when I see someone predicting the future and the predictions are of earthquakes in Japan, terrorist attacks in Europe and a financial crisis, I'm a little skeptical at least - who needs remote viewing to predict these?

Where is the DEFINITIVE LIST beside which on can place ticks and crosses for accuracy? Where is the prediction of an event from left-field in advance? Show me one of those and I'm interested. 

And seriously - why are they bothering to advertise special offers for their DVDs? How can a business that can predict the future with any kind of accuracy possibly need marketing campaigns like this to raise a bit of extra cash? Aren't they rolling in it? I can't explain this at all.

SilverTree
SilverTree's picture
Timeline:

Timeline:

Feb 11 Nibiru between Jupiter and Mars orbits. 2.66 AU from Earth.

March 4 Nibiru breaks through solar ecliptic plane to enter northern hemisphere. 2.26 AU from Earth.

March 15 Saturn, Nibiru, Earth, Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Uranus are in alignment creating gravity trough 
and pole shift event. First Conjunction. 2.09 AU from Earth.

June 30 Nibiru crosses Mars orbit. 1.77 AU from Earth.

Aug 3 Nibiru crosses Earth orbit and Earth reaches Nibiru perigee position. 1.48 AU from Earth

Aug 18 Nibiru crosses Venus orbit. 1.24 AU from Earth.

Sept 11 Nibiru reaches perigee position at Mercury orbit. .70 AU from Earth

Sept 25 Nibiru equidistant from Sun and Earth. Second Conjunction. .40 AU from Earth.

Oct 2 Nibiru at Venus orbit. .316 AU from Earth.

Oct 17 Nibiru at Earth orbit and nearest position. .24 AU from Earth @ 22.3 million miles

Nov 14 Nibiru crosses Mars orbit. .47 AU from Earth.

Nov 22 Nibiru, Earth and Sun alignment for third and final conjunction. .57 AU from Earth.

Nibiru will finally be farther from the Earth than the Sun on March 1, 2012 marking 165 days from Sept. 18, 2011 that Nibiru was nearer our planet than the Sun.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/154857-the-planet-x-nibiru-elenin-brown-dwarf-timeline.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "C/2010 X1 (Elenin)"