Los Alamos radioactive waste + wildfire = ?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Hat Tips: 985
Los Alamos radioactive waste + wildfire = ?

An interested onlooker in the case of Los Alamos radioactive waste containers vs. out-of-control fires in the west, I see that www.radiationnetwork.com is showing some higher levels of radiation from civilian Geiger counters recently (up about 20-30% this week from previous weeks). No explanation given. Nothing to see here, seems to be the media message, but I would be thinking about bugging out if I lived out there.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Oops. Now they're offline.

Now isn't that a coincidence. For the first time that I've checked them since Fukushima was the victim of a tsunami (several times per week), the radiation network is offline? 20 minutes after my post. Move along, folks. Especially if you live in central NM.

Laineyisat
Laineyisat's picture
Hat Tips: 238
Why doesn't that surprise me????????????????????

Ratatouille wrote:

Now isn't that a coincidence. For the first time that I've checked them since Fukushima was the victim of a tsunami (several times per week), the radiation network is offline? 20 minutes after my post. Move along, folks. Especially if you live in central NM.

maravich44
maravich44's picture
beforeitsnews

Not sure if you are familar with this website but has articles on this and the situation in Iowa that you don't see in MSM.

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Hurray! Radiation levels negligible again!

The U.S. radiation network map is back up! and those background radiation levels are lower almost everywhere in the U.S.! Whew, now we can all rest easy. I'm going to bed now.

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Here's a news link on the fire

http://wildfiretoday.com/2011/07/01/las-conchas-fire-continues-spreading-towards-the-northeast/

Laineyisat
Laineyisat's picture
Hat Tips: 238
wow....

Ratatouille wrote:

The U.S. radiation network map is back up! and those background radiation levels are lower almost everywhere in the U.S.! Whew, now we can all rest easy. I'm going to bed now.

What were the original numbers??? How high were they?? 

Makes me wonder if we need to change all the vowels to numbers in our internet posts regarding anything that g0vt would take an interest in...  (or SOMETHING!) It is obvious that the internet is being monitored... Did you see the news article (MSNBC of all things!) where the 6th grader posted on FB that "Ob4m4 better watch his back" after the 4l-quid4 leader was killer? The FBI came and yanked him out of class for questioning... had him alone for 45 minutes before his mom was able to show up and intervene!! The kid was merely expressing concern that a terri0st might target the pr3sid3nt.... I think it was the very next day after the posting that they swooped in... 

a=4

e=3

o=0

i=1

u=2

??? I think that would work - just on key words.

(Sure. I know. But, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you!)

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Numbers

@Laineyisat: When I made the original post here, the central NM readings were 62, 32, and 25. I see now that there are only 2 reading sites in NM (doesn't necessarily mean anything, because I've seen site readings blip on and off on rad network plenty of times). I observed a reading of 60+ that lasted for over 5 minutes (supposed to update every minute). Normally, I see readings in NM of between 20-50. No, it wasn't a huge increase, but I noted an article yesterday that showed the government has been taking its own readings of radiation and have indicated that they see no cause for alarm. On the bright side, I see that Los Alamos was evacuated last week. So that's good.

Short of a civilian taking his/her own reading with a Geiger counter, I'm not sure how that can be verified. Frankly, I don't much trust radiation network, anyway (does anyone believe that the radiation reading AT Fukushima on their Japan map is really only 15? --oh, I just checked the site again and there is no longer a reading site at Fukushima.)

So what does it tell us? That the government isn't exactly forthcoming with information that might be entirely relevant to our wellbeing and safety? Guess that's not much of a surprise to any of us. But this trend to monitor the internet is revolting, because it means we (civilians) have next to no chance to defend ourselves.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Los Alamos radioactive waste + wildfire = ?"