Why do the gold bull letter writers like Fleck and Russell retreat to the den when the price declines?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
mr66
mr66's picture
Hat Tips: 1
Why do the gold bull letter writers like Fleck and Russell retreat to the den when the price declines?

I feel the gold; bulls together have nothing to say when the price declines, that is all of them

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
So It Goes
So It Goes's picture
Hat Tips: 2496
Disagree

With all due respect.  I have been reading (by subscribing) to Fleck for years.  He has been steadfast in his opinion to own gold.

I cannot fathom why you feel the way you do.

Foreyes
Foreyes's picture
What can they say?  Price

What can they say?  Price action is a temporary phenomenon.  If it's down this week, it may be up next week.  You can't expect a comment on every swing.   It may have to go down before it goes up.

If it never goes up, well, - - -I guess they have some splainin' to do.

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
All of them?

Russell has said to "buy the dips" all along.  I am not a subscriber, but that is what comes across in the public releases I read on KWN and elsewhere.  I don't know who else you read specifically, but I can't think of one decent analyst who doesn't recommend buying these dips (which all agree are inevitable).  (Obviously I am not including Nadler in the list of "good analysts.")

mouser
mouser's picture
Hat Tips: 5116
Have a read on Jim WIllie

This is from the JULY  o1 tirade.

Its unfortunate , but its way too truthful to be ignored.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/willie/jul012011.html

mr66
mr66's picture
Hat Tips: 1
letter writers

I subscribe to Russell and Flecxkenstein both.  My point was simply that when Gold starts sliding to the downside, they just note the decline and move on to another subject.  I haven't seen either one recommend buying of Gold during these setbacks zero times in the last two to three  years.

arch stanton
arch stanton's picture
Hat Tips: 2064
Russell

I agree with your point about Richard Russell completely.  I subscribed to him for years and every time there was a correction in PM's there was deafening silence.  I was a newbie back then and wanted someone to hold my hand.  I gave up on Russell as senile when he started touting the virtues of Paul Krugman.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Why do the gold bull letter writers like Fleck and Russell retreat to the den when the price declines?"