Geithner to Consider Leaving Treasury After Debt Debate

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Geithner to Consider Leaving Treasury After Debt Debate

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-30/geithner-said-to-weigh-leaving-treasury-after-debt-ceiling-debate-resolved.html

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Pablo
Pablo's picture
Hat Tips: 1053
The Ship is Taking On Water

Makes perfect sense! If any rat can see what's coming ahead, it would be him!

Jake
Jake's picture
Hat Tips: 7806
Shill

Quotes From The Article:

"Geithner, 49, has told associates that he needs a break from government service after dealing with the turmoil that followed the collapse of Wall Street firms including Bear Stearns..." HAHAHAHA!.......He needs a break? He's the worst Treasury Secretary in History! He's leaving before he gets the boot because he's an incompetent boob.

"If Geithner does leave the administration, Obama would be losing a member of his economic team who understands Washington institutions and the New York banking world as well as the intricacies of the Chinese economy. HAHAHA---Bloomberg Shill Comment!

Maybe His Successor Could Be Dominic Strauss-Kahn

Your Silver--I Want to Buy it! Sell Me Your Silver!

The man who sto...
The man who stole a leopard's picture
Hat Tips: 1208
To be replaced by another corrupt banker

His house still on the market?  Maybe Timmy will have time to remodel the bathroom and host open houses on the weekend.

John Clark
John Clark's picture
Hat Tips: 67
Treasury Secretary leaving...

Treasury Secretary leaving is a scene right out of the movie 'Deep Impact'.

Interesting times we live in.

JC

"Hope for the best and plan for the worst"

"Hope for the best and plan for the worst"

Jake
Jake's picture
Why Tiny Tim is Leaving? Because He's an Idiot

Jake
Jake's picture
More Reasons Why This Idiot Needed to Resign

Tiny Tim Could Have Resigned in Nov. 2009

pipewerkz
pipewerkz's picture
Hat Tips: 15
He's quitting now because he

He's quitting now because he thinks he is going to be safe when we put all these criminals on trial. Not likely.

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Hat Tips: 985
He really seems to believe his own rhetoric

I believe he and those with him will go down on the ship still singing this same song. "We SAVED the economy! We're HEROES!"

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Make sure you're approved for options trading

It might be a good time to check your trading account and make sure you're authorized for options; sure feels like the top of that first long leg up the roller coaster, to me.

Jake
Jake's picture
Ratatouille wrote: I believe

Ratatouille wrote:

I believe he and those with him will go down on the ship still singing this same song. "We SAVED the economy! We're HEROES!"

Here's Tiny Tim Geithner in His Early Days:

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Rowan & Martin, isn't it?

Rowan & Martin, isn't it? Brings back some memories. Golly we were hard up for entertainment back then.

Edit: Gee, when I look closely I see the resemblance! It's uncanny. TG with long hair and stage makeup! lol

Jake
Jake's picture
Ratatouille wrote: Rowan &

Ratatouille wrote:

Rowan & Martin, isn't it? Brings back some memories. Golly we were hard up for entertainment back then.

Edit: Gee, when I look closely I see the resemblance! It's uncanny. TG with long hair and stage makeup! lol

Well---There are Several People Who Think They Are One and The Same

This is Young Tiny Tim

This is Tiny Tim Geithner

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Hilarious!

Oh my god, Jake, that is hilarious. Maybe TG's older, now-shut-in brother? Thanks for that.

plunder
plunder's picture
Hat Tips: 319
They told us he was the only

They told us he was the only human on earth who understood TARP and therefore the world would end if he wasn't there. Guess TARP bought up all the toxic assets and now his work here is done. Great job, happy days are here again.

Now he's going to stick around so he can do us all the service of whining on behalf of the bankers until congress votes them a credit limit increase. Good grief. Megalomania sure is rampant these days.

Ratatouille wrote:

sure feels like the top of that first long leg up the roller coaster, to me.

Someone on the board (uptofreedom?) called this a "sucker's rally" about two weeks ago. I think S&P1310  was the call if I remember. I figure light holiday volume should make everything go up tomorrow but who knows. Today was the end of QE2, I told myself I'd take a small SPY short today and I did at 132. Same with a Euro/USD short (long EUO). If something big is going to happen it'll probably do it in the next week or two while the next phase of Fed policy (do nothing) is rolled out.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Geithner to Consider Leaving Treasury After Debt Debate"