January 2011 - Paper Calls (what is your prediction for Silver this fall?)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
RedRover
RedRover's picture
Hat Tips: 2094
January 2011 - Paper Calls (what is your prediction for Silver this fall?)

Are any of you guys doing January paper calls for SLV?
If so, what is your "strike price prediction" by Christmas?
I predict a minimum of 45, by 12/15/11.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09
RedRover
RedRover's picture
Re: Predictions

Of course, after I typed this (above), today I read on Martin Armstrong's blog
what seemed to be him saying he thinks the doldrums keep going into the
new year. It's on page 7. 1/2 way down.

So maybe my prediction is wrong? But maybe a topic is born, aha!

I was looking at annual trends w/ stimulus patterns, Turd shared & that's
what lead me to believe the pattern would be the same... b/c of the stimulus.
But, what Armstrong seems to be saying.. is that they pattern has changed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kondratiev_wave

I've been famiarizing myself w/ his kondratiev wave, supercycle philosophy
& I think it has some merit, looking at it in retrospect.. ( which is always 20/20).
He also talks  about the flow of money, globally and how his computers...

... were able to track (after the fact), that money was being moved around the globe
in a specific way by someone that seemed to know where to put the money, like they
were following a pattern. Narrowly escaping disasters and earthquakes ... 

... and that he was able to see by tracking the capital flow globally (after the fact).

Let's discuss guys! I want to talk merge Turd's intellectual internet forum creation
and apply it to the Kondratiev Super Cycle theory. Oooh, Maybe I should just do a
new post? Digg in and let's build this thread. What do you think of the supercycle theory?

Below you can download Armstrong's PDF and it'll let you see what I'm talking about in more depth

http://armstrongeconomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/armstrongeconomics-borrowingfromtherich-063011.pdf

mwm4tfmr
mwm4tfmr's picture
Hat Tips: 2
Going Long in Late July

John,

I strongly agree that going long with Jan SLV calls is a good plan.  I can't short-term trade (way too easy to lose money).  Since the medium-term cycles I'm watching (pretty much confirmed by the seasonal trend) should bottom in late July or early August, I'm also planning on buying a lot of Jan SLV calls by late July.  I'm thinking the $55 calls (currently at .24) could be below .20 by then.  I want 1,000 or more of them!  Then I can just sit back and watch.  Best of luck!

RedRover
RedRover's picture
re: Going Long in Late July

mwm4tfmr,

Have you considered selecting a strike price under 50, just b/c it's never really broken 50.. right?
There was the Hunt Brothers high.. and yeah, yeah.. inflation adjusted would mean it's higher...
but still, I would scale down your strike price.

Then again... This guy is talking about $79/ounce 11/14/11 for Silver.
Does anyone know the link to the gold price model chart he's referencing? Cheers!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "January 2011 - Paper Calls (what is your prediction for Silver this fall?)"