Radiation in Our Food Foxnews

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Radiation in Our Food Foxnews

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/06/29/radiation-in-our-food/

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
UC Berkeley Labs - Radiation in Food Data

Rather than giving people the "spin" out of a MSM outlet like Fox News...

here's the actual data for people to read and draw their own conclusions.

http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/UCBAirSampling

Milk graphs

http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/node/4227

Shill
Shill's picture
Ha ha ha

You mean Big Edu, sucking on the Government tit Berkeley compiles a paper so it must be true, oh I get it educators wouldn't lie for the benefit of government funding, no not that.

You call my post spin, then offer Big edu as a supplement how Ironic. lol

Clearly you do not think for yourself.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Gramp
Gramp's picture
Hat Tips: 5283
So it sound like there was an

So it sound like there was an initial "burst" of Contamination that made its way to the US mainland.  Great. Though airborne contaminants look to have diminished in recent weeks.

That is how I read it.

Now concern is about residual contamination in sea life/ food.

What a F'ing mess.

Don't ask any questions, Nothing to see here,  All is well, Move along...

Same outfit who fed radioactive Cereal to the Mentally  Retarded  kids in the 1940's w/o telling anyone. NICE

WHY would any one NOT TRUST  TPTB???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Radioactive Technology: Ethical Issues of Human Test Subjects

By Mai Tran   

"The past century has unveiled many new revels in science and technology.  Nuclear technology is one of the more recent brinks of discovery.  Over the past 60 years or so, scientists have been on a gold rush for the nuclear power.

A Case Study: Radioactive Tests At Fernald State School:                            

image005.gif

During the 1940s to 1950s, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Fernald State School in Waverly, Massachusetts collaborated on a experiment testing the effects of radioactive iron on human subjects.  Researchers performed a “non-therapeutic nutritional studies with radioisotopes at the state school” (1) for the mentally retarded.  The project, also funded by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, was initially addressed as for “addressing calcium metabolism.”(2)  The test subjects, “young male residents of Fernald, who were members of the school's ‘science club’,” were daily fed micro curies of a radioisotope of calcium (Ca-45) in their cereal.  They were also given milk daily and had blood, urine, and excrement samples taken accordingly to measure the calcium retention in their bodies.    Several other experiments also included the oral or ingested intake of radioactive iodine.

Not too much knowledge was established on radioactive elements, as this was still a new matter.  Researchers, scientists, the test subjects, particularly anyone within close range of the radioactive medium were at higher than normal risk of exposure.  This, of course raised some questions as to how the staff at Fernald School and researchers at MIT acted both professionally and ethically.  Parents of the boys subject to testing were given two permission letters to perform the experiments.  Both letters, as researchers for the ACHRE Report indicate, failed to address to parents the use of radioisotope elements to partake in the experiment.   There was “no mention of any risks or the use of a radioisotope. It was believed then that the risks were minimal, as indeed they appear to have been, and as a consequence, school administrators and the investigators may have thought it unnecessary to raise the issue of risks with the parents.” (1)   The falseness of accurately presenting the data to the parents of the boys demonstrates poor professional issues on the MIT and the Fernald State School’s parts.  Moreover, the selection of test subjects raises the ethical issues of the discrimination towards disabled people.  The boys, said to have belonged to the school’s “Science Club”, were all deemed mentally inadequate, “but otherwise physically normal.” (2)  The use of institutionalized children for experiments, particularly, radiation experiments, probes the ethical issue of using one’s own ends to the means of another persons’.  The fact that the tests were not performed on mentally stable [relative to the condition of the Fernald school boys] questions the validity of inducing potentially hazardous experiments on them. 

~ Even a dead Fish can go with the flow ~

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 1958
Shill wrote: You mean Big

Shill wrote:

You mean Big Edu, sucking on the Government tit Berkeley compiles a paper so it must be true, oh I get it educators wouldn't lie for the benefit of government funding, no not that.

Shill you do realize that FOX news started with the Berkeley data in order to make their own story right?

So if Bid Edu is lying then why the heck are you quoting  FOX who built their house of cards on top of Big Edu?

Shill wrote:

You call my post spin, then offer Big edu as a supplement how Ironic. lol

Almost as ironic as you attacking the basis of your own story

Shill wrote:

Clearly you do not think for yourself.

A little open mindedness can save a lot of foot-in-mouth.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Radiation in Our Food Foxnews"