Mint Sheets

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kenklave
kenklave's picture
Hat Tips: 574
Mint Sheets

I think this is the appropriate forum for this topic....

I have a few Maples in mint sheets and was wondering if there is any benefit to keeping them in the plastic?  I want to take them out and put them in a tube so they are easier to store, but I'm not sure if people like the mint sheets on resale.  Anyone know about this?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
Pablo
Pablo's picture
Hat Tips: 1053
Premium

If you keep them in the mint sheets you may get slightly more on the premium if you were to sell them.

Additionally before taking any out of the mint sheets please consult a coin book because some of the years had significantly less production and I've seen maples from those years or with the privy marks with a $15-25 or higher premium.

You can check production numbers here: https://www.jandm.com/script/getitem.asp?CID=8&PID=31 and https://www.jandm.com/script/getitem.asp?CID=8&PID=137

ferretflat
ferretflat's picture
Hat Tips: 1122
As a general rule you leave

As a general rule you leave everything in its original wrapping unless you are going to eat it or f**k it.  I used to buy 100oz Englehard bars in the 70's which came in a clear hard plastic shell.  There was a $.20 premium for bars in plastic.  Today all those shells are gone or just desintegrating.  Sunshine rounds came in little saran-wrap packages which caused them to burn and spot.  Leave all your mint sealed stuff unmolested.

Tis no country for old men.

kenklave
kenklave's picture
Hat Tips: 574
I think that is good advice

I bought a handful off ebay and it almost looked like they had been left in the sun for a summer.  They coins are fine, but the plastic as hard and discolored.  Not sure anyone would necessarily want them because of the RCM packaging, but it won't hurt.  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Mint Sheets"