Umm?? Salem Unit 2 nuclear reactor shuts down after cooling pump failure | NJ.com

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Umm?? Salem Unit 2 nuclear reactor shuts down after cooling pump failure | NJ.com

http:// http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2011/06/sakem_unit_2_nuclear_reactor_s...

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 1958
How much does this worry you?

How much does this worry you?

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

Shill
Shill's picture
How much

Does it worry you? Are you the new Forum Cop Happy now?

Were here for info not confrontation, try and keep up shall we otherwise your comments are not necessary in my threads.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 1958
Hi Shill,Thought we might

Hi Shill,

Thought we might have a discussion about fear or worry.

Next time I'll try and post a more complete thought.

"thanks for posting the link, care to share your insight?  I am sure that if you found it important enough to post up you could kick off discussion with a bit of your own material"

I could just post my discussion however they may run counter to what you intended.  If I don't know your thoughts then I could end up threadcrapping unintentionally.

Having gotten this far though I see myself as just another forum contributor (ie not a cop) so here's my thoughts:

Pump failures are an anticipated and expected event.  There is a mechanical concept called Mean Time Between Failure or MTBF.  So a pump failure in and of itself while worrisome is also anticipated and will have redundancy, back-up, or other mitigation present.  

The pump failure doesn't worry me much at all.   Should another system fail at the same time I might worry some.

This article says to me:  Something expected and fairly normal happened and at this time is being dealt with in the normal way.  It sucks however we did design for this unfortunate event to take place.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Umm?? Salem Unit 2 nuclear reactor shuts down after cooling pump failure | NJ.com"