Nebraska nuclear plant floods, raises broader disaster fears

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Nebraska nuclear plant floods, raises broader disaster fears

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/28/news/economy/nebraska_nuclear_plant/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
uh huh

"there's been nothing brought to the attention of the agency that would require existing plants to alter their designs in order to deal with severe weather."

Very comforting. Stay calm and carry on.

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 1958
This really should be posted

To the thread already underway in the Conspiracy forum.  Although it runs counter to the New Blackout title of that thread.   Activist opinions run on CNN really seem the opposite of news blackout.

Agree with the activists on the point that existing sites (anywhere in the world) need to be reassessed with the worsening weather and geo-activity that has become a clear trend.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
blackout

Thanks for posting that article shill. I had read that before but I was weary to post anything about it as any mention on this topic just seems to get me attacked and marginalized. I am grateful we have a place like this to discuss and gather information, and this is a story I am following with interest. 

From the picture in the article, it looks like there is a lot of water, even if the water is not in the plant itself, it looks real close. 

In the conspiracy section thread I have been labled the "anti-msn". I'll accept that title. 

I just want to gather information and discuss what we do know with all my fellow Turds. I have much respect for anyone who has managed to find their way here to Turdtown. 

I think we were moved to the conspiracy section because the main topic of discussion was a potential media blackout, so lets disregard that and just focus on the event itself, and what we do know.  ?

uptofreedom
uptofreedom's picture
Hat Tips: 561
Staying calm is overrated. 

Staying calm is overrated.  He who panics first panics best...  ;)

mastercylinder
mastercylinder's picture
Hat Tips: 141
It all good till it's all over...then not so good no more

woke up this morning with a dread that wouldn't lift even after I fed the critters. MSM on spin overdrive about Ft Calhoun, nuthin cept counterpunch.org/giambrone06272011.html  shedding any  new light.   

Now Los Alamos is gettin jiggy... great! 

cleared outta town to spend the day chillin on forest trails, when I come back in, to keep my mind off the midwest started randomly downloading faves from way back, stuff I've not listened to in what, 35-40 years!? then I read this in the Omaha DisinfoDaily: 

Some critics have brought up the disaster at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant. OPPD officials dismiss any comparison between the two situations. "There's virtually no likelihood of anything like Fukushima happening here," said Nellenbach." 

Damn, just why is it some people feel the need to tempt fate!? Turns out, there's a prequel already made for the forthcoming fireworks at the
               "0 percent possibility of problems" facility:

http://www.ues-egypt.com/Nuclear_Power.htm   

that's a little spooky...why you suppose they woulda made that? With so much detail of the facility!?  Looked at the playlist a little later, oh oh -  Deep Purple Smoke on the Water (Live in Japan!?! .....Doobies, Black Water,  now that's even spookier!  

But wait, I forgot to remember: it's all just ANOTHER crazy conspiracy theory, right?

‘I turned their right, pierced their centre, broke them everywhere; the day was mine, and yet they did not know it and would not run.’ Marchal Soult, (despatches to Napoleon)regarding the 57th Middlesex Regiment @ the Battle of Albuera 16 May 1811

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 1958
mastercylinder

mastercylinder wrote:

then I read this in the Omaha DisinfoDaily: 

Some critics have brought up the disaster at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant. OPPD officials dismiss any comparison between the two situations. "There's virtually no likelihood of anything like Fukushima happening here," said Nellenbach." 

Damn, just why is it some people feel the need to tempt fate!? Turns out, there's a prequel already made for the forthcoming fireworks at the
               "0 percent possibility of problems" facility:

http://www.ues-egypt.com/Nuclear_Power.htm   

that's a little spooky...why you suppose they woulda made that? With so much detail of the facility!?  Looked at the playlist a little later, oh oh -  Deep Purple Smoke on the Water (Live in Japan!?! .....Doobies, Black Water,  now that's even spookier!  

But wait, I forgot to remember: it's all just ANOTHER crazy conspiracy theory, right?

That is one dumbass statement for an "official" to say.

Why not just rhyme off what they've learned from Fukushima and how they would mitigate that risk in a better fashion?  Sure it would take a few more words  (assuming they actually have better mitigation!) but saying it can't happen here is just inviting criticism and as you said tempting fate.   What would the folks at Fukushima have said the week before?  The Same Thing.

Come on guys, it's not like the public can't see the flooding and the really really tiny dry for now spot that the reactor sits on.

Dismiss comparisons indeed.  It wasn't the earthquake that undid Fukushima it was the flooding lads!

Let's go back to the blackout we were better off not knowing there are people anywhere connected to the operation who believe it can't happen here.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

mastercylinder
mastercylinder's picture
Hat Tips: 141
finish the job

when I previously dared call the term "responsible authorities" an oxymoron I thought I was just making a silly joke...

now I see that, once agin, "reality" has outstripped even my most febrile imaginings. "Responsible Authorities" have been delegated to the task of being the Authorities Responsible for creating a truly mind numbing number of disasters in the making. Los Alamos - 30,000 barrels of plutonium waste stored in tents above ground!> !<? http://enenews.com/report-30000-drums-plutonium-contaminated-waste-stored-fabric-tents-above-ground-los-alamos-lab-comment

This whole 'privatization'\contractor \COST EFFICIENCY thing has gotten way out of hand.  It's now stunningly clear that the whole nuclear regulatory structure in the USA has been subcontacted over to INSANE CLOWN POSSEyoutu.be/

Want to save some serious coin?  Why not just shut down TSA/DHS and hire the cast of KILLERKLOWNSFROMOUTERSPACE to do the job? 

anybody holdin a couple of cheap tickets for the next space shuttle? I'm lookin for a place in space!

‘I turned their right, pierced their centre, broke them everywhere; the day was mine, and yet they did not know it and would not run.’ Marchal Soult, (despatches to Napoleon)regarding the 57th Middlesex Regiment @ the Battle of Albuera 16 May 1811

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Nebraska nuclear plant floods, raises broader disaster fears"