Saw an Interesting idea , That we preppers/survivalists may be a problem.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adventures
Adventures's picture
Hat Tips: 611
Saw an Interesting idea , That we preppers/survivalists may be a problem.

Are we scaring folks? Are we overreacting? I don't think so but... I maybe wrong.

Lets look at those darn statistics...Inflation check

T-bills check

food and fuel inflation check

Race to the bottom on fiat currencies  check

growing police state check

So since I'm not the Fed or a banker/politician I've got control of what?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
to adventures

We have control of our thoughts, our priorities, and our families.

OK?

So, we need to quit the complaining about everyone else and just keep focused on our own families.

The rest of the Titanic population can go without the life preservers and life boats.

Mine will not.

As long as you and I are out on the ocean paddling with our own boats, we can link up and help each other.

The other people will need to swim on their own.  If I can bring a few on board without sinking my ship, I will let them.  But, if the ship of state starts listing hard, expect me to get off the poop deck and launch my craft without waiting for an order from the POTUS or White House or the Fed Reserve.

How about you?

Dr. Sandi
Dr. Sandi's picture
Hat Tips: 368
It starts at home!

Those of us who survive the coming slide will control the future of our communities.

If you're equipped to feed yourself and fend off unwanted advances by visitors, you might just be here after the crazies have killed each other off. Once the fun is over, the real work of building things back up locally begins for real.

Each of us is in charge of making sure our skills, whatever they are, can be used in a less connected world with minimal commerce from far away. Assuming there's anything worth working for, our silver and gold will have real value. Precious metal holdings not spent during the blowup will help us be among the insiders when the local economy reshapes itself.

While it's easy to say you can't eat silver and gold, the only time they will have no value is when there's not much reason to be alive anyway. We can use our precious to move a shattered local economy away from barter and back to civilization. As somebody sagely noted, people who have hoarded silver and gold through an economic collapse will eventually be known as "bankers".

I'm not tough enough to compete with Mad Max for the last radial tire, but I plan to be long dead before that ever happens. My true expectation is that people just like me will be working with the remaining neighbors to patch things together enough to put their neighborhood back together.

That means learning to optimize every resource and get everybody more or less working together to save their own butts. This may very well mean reverting to freshly formed groups of a dozen or so trusted neighbors, which appears to be an optimal group size. A "family" of a dozen is big enough to protect everybody, yet small enough to not form political action groups.

Control yourself well, and others will want to follow. That's my hopeful view of an otherwise hopeless future.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Strongsidejedi wrote: We have

Strongsidejedi wrote:

We have control of our thoughts, our priorities, and our families.

OK?

So, we need to quit the complaining about everyone else and just keep focused on our own families.

The rest of the Titanic population can go without the life preservers and life boats.

Mine will not.

As long as you and I are out on the ocean paddling with our own boats, we can link up and help each other.

The other people will need to swim on their own.  If I can bring a few on board without sinking my ship, I will let them.  But, if the ship of state starts listing hard, expect me to get off the poop deck and launch my craft without waiting for an order from the POTUS or White House or the Fed Reserve.

How about you?

Well said. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Everyone is going to go through the classical stages of loss in one way or another if SHTF...

1)Denial/feeling isolated

2)Anger

3)Bargaining and agreement

4) Depression

5) Acceptance

I do think a renewed sense of community and people helping people will emerge eventually. No idea low long or how bad, just have to be ready for it all.

That said, I do think some are completely over-reacting...which is easy to do if all you do is surround yourself with doom. Have to maintain a level head and be rational....don't let Alex Jones seep into your brain.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Basturd Toadflax
Basturd Toadflax's picture
Hat Tips: 46
also

there is a big difference between over reacting and over preparing.  Everyone here is being proactive which is where you want to be IMAO.  ; )

" No one is more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
"Are we scaring folks?"...

"Are we scaring folks?"...

In my opinion the overwhelming majority of people have reactionary personalities.  They are wired with a personality/mindset that does not prompt them to look ahead, anticipate, and plan.  The anticipatory mindset is different; they are the minority.  They do look ahead, do anticipate, and do plan.   I'm certain most readers of ZH, TF, Eric King, Sinclair, etc., have anticipatory personalities.

Everything on your list was true.  So...

Are we scaring folks? Probably not scaring the reactionary majority.  They think we are nuts for the most part.  "It can't happen because 'they' won't let it happen" is the reactionary's mantra.   (Ya, right.)  They will not "get it" until it does happen.  At that point they will panic and make life miserable for the rest of us because that is what reactionary types do. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Saw an Interesting idea , That we preppers/survivalists may be a problem. "