100 Items to Disappear First in a Currency Crisis

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lonerangersilver
Lonerangersilver's picture
Hat Tips: 296
100 Items to Disappear First in a Currency Crisis

Many of us silver bugs have a reason to be concerned. The market is getting ready for a correction (I mean we need it in order to introduce QE3) While many of us are accumulating the safe silver bullion or coins the question comes up, what for? My answer is to barter for things we will need and with dollars that are devaluing you will not get much. I did some research of the things we will barter for in a crunch and came up with the items to disappear first.  I suggest for those who have not prepared to get cracking.

http://lonerangersilver.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/100-items-to-disappear-first/

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06

Lonerangersilver

Dr. Sandi
Dr. Sandi's picture
Hat Tips: 368
Get perishables now, hold onto your precious

I strongly believe that the silver and gold that we're sitting on should be primarily for AFTER the crisis.

We need to be ready for the crumble by having as much necessary stuff already stashed away before it falls apart. Make our move while the goodies are still being delivered by jolly truck drivers burning relatively inexpensive diesel.

Those who will truly profit from the dead-end stupidity of our current economic system are those who manage to keep most or all of their precious metals throughout the emergency. That means get the stuff on that list that fits our own circumstances ASAP.

On the backside, during the recovery, those with some stored "wealth" will have a much easier time of getting items beyond basic necessities. Those who spent their all their silver and gold on a bag of beans or 100 rolls of super soft toilet paper will eventually be on the street trying to sell their skills in a very different job marketplace. Better to be able to buy all or part of a new economy business with wealth gathered in the previous economic system.

Stash the razor blades, beans, ammo and gold now. Keep that beard shaved, soldier. Eat the beans as you need them. Hope that you don't need the ammo to defend your family. And save that precious for later when it might help you to live like a king. Even if you're only a medieval king.

Lonerangersilver
Thew time is now

Dr. Sandi, you are absolutely right on. The time to get the things that will disappear off the store shelves is now. Forming a new business with our stash to satisfy the demand for a new product or service after the collapse is an excellent idea.

Lonerangersilver

Beez
Beez's picture
Hat Tips: 472
I downloaded this list 3 years ago

from the internet. Did not do anything with it until last fall. Then I set aside two full days and purchased about almost all of the items. Went to Costco etc. Ordered a crank radio and other items off Amazon. What it gave me is peace of mind. OK, I did it, it's done. I have an elderly friend who is a retired fire chief and he says really it is just basic red cross preparedness for any disaster.

I must have a hundred boxes of strike anywhere matches, 100's of bars of soap and cases of wine. It is with this that I will be able to barter with, not my PM's.

Beez

Lonerangersilver
Things I left out

As I am becoming more concerned with the nuclear situation in Japan. The three Fukushima completely melted nuclear cores are still sending killer radioactive particles into the air. After over three months, it is still unresolved and no end in the future. Chernobyl with only one melted core that only leaked briefly until it was covered with concrete and still managed to contaminate the rest of Europe. The prevailing jet stream brings the particles across the pacific to this country and others.

Now we have Ft. Calhoun, Nebraska that I fear is worse than they tell us. This would be a monster because it holds more than twice the amount of spent fuel roads than Fukushima.

Well as you can see, the list does not provide items for this sort of thing so you might want to include some of the items needed to this list.

Lonerangersilver

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
I also agree 1000%. During

I also agree 1000%. During SHTF there will be so many other trade-able goods. Hang on to your PM's unless you REALLY have to let it go, and by God, make sure it's absolutely necessary. Remember.. this is insurance for us non-investors.. insurance for wealth retention and transfer after the recovery. 

MrSteed
MrSteed's picture
Hat Tips: 738
Interesting that generators

Interesting that generators were #1 on the list.    After food, I purchased 3 small generators (2 solar, 1 gas powered).   I guessed pretty well looks like.   The way I looked at it is we seem SO reliant on electricity, if it goes for a lengthy period we'll really feel it.   The generators I got are no replacement for existing power, but at least it will allow running some appliances for a bit if needed,  I also really wanted some solar-based capacity -- that pretty much removes all dependency on anything else (other than nuclear winter maybe !  :0 ).

ferretflat
ferretflat's picture
Hat Tips: 1122
salt

You can go to any feed store and buy a 50 lb. livestock block of pure unadulterated Morton salt for under $8.00 .  They are square, stackable, compact, and keep forever in a dry place.

Tis no country for old men.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "100 Items to Disappear First in a Currency Crisis"