List of Silver Miners that pay dividends

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
List of Silver Miners that pay dividends

Eric Original and I thought we should get a list together. Please post what you know here for silver miners. Thank you!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:09

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Silvercorp Metals has a

Silvercorp Metals has a quarterly dividend of 2 cents per share.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
SLW

It's not technically a miner but....

Silver Wheaton at $0.12/sh

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

mouser
mouser's picture
Hat Tips: 5116
PAN AMERICAN pays a divvy

PAA on the tsx and PAAS i believe in the US, they pay a tiny div of .10 a year

They are the only one besides SVM that are primary silver producers that pay a divvy as far as i know.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Folks can we try and keep it

Folks can we try and keep it to monthly/quarterly/yearly? Thanks. I know the percentage fluctuates but I intend to use monthly/quarterly/yearly rather than a percentage. Depending on how they are paid out. I know some may be an exception to the rule but we will log the data nonetheless.

Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
oops

that would be $0.12 yearly.

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

mouser
mouser's picture
Good Doctor, for now its a

Good Doctor, for now its a short list, but i expect to see a few more starting to hand out divvies, especially if silver heads back over 40$ an oz this fall.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
@mouser I kind of figured

@mouser

I kind of figured that. I just thought, "What the heck! Let's get proactive here!" cheeky

Plus, it might unearth a stock I hadn't hear of.

But yeah, I am locked and loaded for any dividends coming up. I figure leading that list will be Great Panther, First Majestic, and Endeavour for the juniors and Hecla, CDE (I can't spell that LOL) for the majors. But like you said, once it happens most will want to jump on board. And it will be too bad so sad for the shorties!

jaj64
jaj64's picture
Hat Tips: 115
CDE

Ive been thinking about dumping my CDE, how long until you think it will bounce back/start offering dividends?

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Gosh, I'm not sure. I know

Gosh, I'm not sure. I know they had some trouble awhile back and did a 1 to 10 reverse split. There is probably someone here that follows it more than I do. It is a major silver producer and has had quite a run since 2009 with the reverse split though I don't know how that compares to pre split.

As I said there is someone that is probably following it a lot closer than I have. I know they have good reserves. But that is all that I know off the top of my head. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I will say this. When the miners start jumping again the major producers will bounce back quicker than most juniors and micro caps. It all depends on your time frame.

If you have followed some of my posts in Ginger's silver miners thread you can see some of the metrics I have used to pick stocks. You can apply them to CDE and see how you come out.

You can always start a thread about CDE and see what others think too.

PS I also posted some lengthy posts in the Silvercorp Metals thread that may help you understand what will happen when higher prices produce higher/record earnings from  companies like CDE and Silvercorp. Check it out.

mouser
mouser's picture
Last time i looked at CDE

Last time i looked at CDE they had a negative P/E ratio and had 168 million in bank debt with 64 million $ in cash and receivables. They have more in annual  production , should do around  $950 million gross this year by my estimates , but SVM  is much more  profitable. 

When the earnings come out, SVM will blow CDE's doors  off , despite being valued about half .

CDE has one project going in Bolivia, and that is one country i have made a point of staying away from.

CDE  did earn $12.46 million in the first Q this year  , or about .14 a share. Over a year that would be .56 , so at 32$ silver CDM p/e would be  about 42.

SVM should be closer to about 10 or 12 times  earnings  for the upcoming 12 months, and Q report in august should ( by my  estimates) show net profit of over $25 milliion.

Just a guesstimation on my part and i am no analyst.

mouser
mouser's picture
Looking at the list i have

Looking at the list i have compiled i would say that FIRST Majestic and SILVER STANDARD  RES. are the two i would guess to be providing a divvy in the near future. Both are debt -free , have good cash flow , and are already sitting on nice cash reserves.

AG  has 85 million in cash and equiv, and SSRI has 232 million .

I like Minefinders as well and that one ranked quite high on my list.

I dont own any of these.

bunnytoujours
bunnytoujours's picture
Hat Tips: 147
wesdome $0.02 april 13

wesdome $0.02 april 13

mouser
mouser's picture
Yeah Wesdome does pay a small

Yeah Wesdome does pay a small divvy , but i think the gist of this thread was for primary silver miners.

I do know Wesdome produces gold , but dont recall seeing much for silver production.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "List of Silver Miners that pay dividends"