List of Gold Miners that pay dividends

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
List of Gold Miners that pay dividends

Eric Original and I thought we should get a list together. Please post what you know here for gold miners. Thank you!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Wesdome Gold Mines (WDOFF) (WDO)

Wesdome has paid a 2 cent dividend each April for the past 3 years.  Current price is 2.37 canadian, so that's nearly a 1% yield.   0.84%

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

murphy
murphy's picture
Hat Tips: 17111
1) GORO’s current dividend

1) GORO’s current dividend yield is about 0.8% with GORO priced at 27.50 and they have paid 8 dividends in the last year.

2) I think AEM pays also

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Just a quick note...

Folks can we try and keep it to monthly/quarterly/yearly? Thanks. I know the percentage fluctuates but I intend to use monthly/quarterly/yearly rather than a percentage. I'm hoping once we get this stickied it will be an oft used quick reference by forum users that we can update when given the powers to do so.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Here's that original link

Here's the original link that started the discussion:

http://www.buyupside.com/sample_portfolios/goldsilverdividend.php

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
GORO

Interesting that GORO has been paying a dividend ​monthly.  4 cents/month lately. 

rock collector
rock collector's picture
Hat Tips: 2216
Goldcorp Monthly Dividend

In Nov 2010 Goldcorp doubled its monthly dividend.

Just a few months later, GG increased its monthly dividend for 2011 (starting in March) to $0.034 per share, an 11% increase over the prior dividend.  Goldcorp has been paying a monthly dividend since 2003.

Current dividend yield is 0.86%
I like that the payment is monthly (rewards holders) and that the company bumped its dividend twice in a short period of time.  This bodes well for future dividend increases.

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
article on div payers

http://seekingalpha.com/article/292975-6-gold-miners-now-yield-more-than-u-s-treasuries

metcoalfan
metcoalfan's picture
Hat Tips: 1982
Aberdeen Intl

Aberdeen has one of the best yields out there right now - one penny divvy every 6 months....trading at .80 cents - 2.5% currently.  

Gwyde
Gwyde's picture
Hat Tips: 2258
Newmont

Newmont promised to hike their quarterly dividend by a nickle for every $100 additional rise in their average sales price of gold. The Sep 6 dividend was up to $0.30 from $0.20 in June and $0.15 in March. The dividend tripled as compared to March 2010; it had been at a dime quarterly for over 5 years.

Gwyde

Gwyde
Gwyde's picture
Hat Tips: 2258
Barrick

Investors in Barrick are off worse: due to their raising capital for the sole purpose of buying back the hedge book, Barrick lowered its quarterly dividend from $0.20 to $0.12 in August 2010 as the new shares were entitled to dividend payment...

Better than the 3ct quarterly of Yamana, but that one used to be a $10 stock not too long ago.

Gwyde

mouser
mouser's picture
Hat Tips: 5116
AAB not really a gold miner

Last i looked at these fellows , they were more like a merchant bank, holding positions in companies, SOME of which may be gold miners.

metcoalfan
metcoalfan's picture
MOST of which ARE gold miners....

and some gold royalty streams. I didn't realize we had to be extra technical about the manner in which the exposure to gold coming out of the ground occurred. :)

mouser
mouser's picture
MOST of which are goldminers?

MOST of which are goldminers? Are we talking about the same company here?

http://www.aberdeeninternational.ca/Portfolio/Investment-Portfolio/default.aspx

metcoalfan
metcoalfan's picture
AAB

yep, same one.  Just under half the portfolio, weighted by skin in the game is PM....plus the two gold royalty streams which they do not include as part of the portfolio.

http://www.aberdeeninternational.ca/Portfolio/Business-Model/default.aspx

mouser
mouser's picture
LOL , not trying to bash your

LOL , not trying to bash your investment, i was invested in AAB for a while. Have followed old Stan Bharti's moves for a while now. BUT this thread 's title is gold miners that pay dividends , i know the difference between a goldminer like Yamana and a holding company /investment bank setup like AAB. BUT wtf do i know.

I only see two goldminers on the list ( ones that actually have profitable mining that might SOMEDAY give out a dividend)

metcoalfan
metcoalfan's picture
You can split hairs over the exact nature

Of the gold exposure....do they mine or do they invest and take activist roles in miners....Yamana pays 1%, Aberdeen 2.5%, I foolishishly thought the div was the more important theme on this thread. My bad. And I give everyone credit for being able to sort out the differences when they do their own dd. Sorry everyone for thinking outside the box. Jeez.

mouser
mouser's picture
Ok , on that same trail

Ok , on that same trail perhaps you have looked at MMP.un , Precious Metals and Mining Trust , ran by Sentry Select.

Paying just over 5 % annually  and truly tracks Precious metals plays. http://sentry.ca/en/products/structuredproducts/pmmt.html?fundId=155

metcoalfan
metcoalfan's picture
Never heard of it

but, I consider that an insanely solid lead.  Again, dividends funded direct from operations or funded by a basket of operators (or for that matter, divs funded by adroitly monetizing the process from pre-IPO through to full Sr. production and all points in between), I think they are both equally valid and for some folks, these latter two can be a better fit.  Personally, I'm not looking for companies that pay dividends, but in talking with a lot of folks, especially seniors, they want some exposure to PMs but also need recurring income.  Most of what I play with I can't suggest to them as something to take a look at.  (I have suggested Aberdeen to some older friends for the div in the short run and the discount to NAV as upside longer term bonus)  This MMP.un fits the same niche for them, in some ways possibly better - solid monthly dividend with a long track record backed up by mining shares (didn't look at actual portfolio holdings).  If its trading for $10 and paying out 1.20 annually, is that not 12%? (the info I was finding was only through the end of '10)  I see that its characterized as a return of principal, but the trust was up 118% in '09 and another 57% in '10.   I think there is a place for monetizing capital appreciation as a dividend via miner exposure for a lot of folks out there.   

saigongold
saigongold's picture
Hat Tips: 517
I have been looking at taking

I have been looking at taking a position in AAB for a few months now, nice dip lately but still consicous that we could have a market crash again so going to wait another week before making my decision, currently at $.70, $.10c less than not long ago.

I am new to stocks, its been physical for me for the last 2 years and I now feel comfortable with my stack to start mixing it up a bit and throwing some PM stocks in the mix for a 5-10 year hold, topping up each month.

Sandstorm Gold and Sandstorm Metals and Energy are my two largest holdings, Nolan went on record in Feb to say that they will eventually pay dividends, I have a lot of faith in the management here and trust them to do what they say. I will continue to top up with Sandstorm Gold and ME each month for the next 18mths.

I plan on taking a position in AAB, i like what i have read, they give me exposure to gold miners/producers the same as Sandstorm and currently pay a nice dividend, i expect good things to happen in 5yrs time for gold and both AAB and Sandstorm should shine.

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Well, you should have a

Well, you should have a buying opportunity now!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "List of Gold Miners that pay dividends"