Admin: How about a quick tutorial on how to post a chart?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Admin: How about a quick tutorial on how to post a chart?

I see others doing it, but I guess I'm a little slow at this techy stuff.  Little help?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:21

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

madtig6
madtig6's picture
Hat Tips: 489
Posting charts

If you use Stockcharts, all you have to do is annotate your chart, THEN CLICK "LINKABLE FORM" at bottom of chart, copy and paste the URL and your chart link will appear here

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
But I'd like to get the

But I'd like to get the actual chart to appear, not just a link.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$INDU:$GOLD&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=p41400491755

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
Hat Tips: 295
Use the "files" tab in your profile to upload images

First make an image of the stock chart (right click and select 'save image as') then save to your desktop. Then go to your profile and click the 'files' tab and then click 'upload' and then navigate to your saved chart image and select it to show up in the post. If you want to be fancy like the TURD you can use that image as the content of a link element to point to a full-sized version of the chart on the web [I use StockCharts.com].

Ford_Prefect
Ford_Prefect's picture
Hat Tips: 295
Making a clickable small-to-large chart image

Here's the GOLD:OIL spread which is leading indicator for the miners:

As you can see, clicking it leads to the online, larger version.

clueless one
clueless one's picture
Hat Tips: 1016
little help??

I've managed to upload charts to "files"...

how does one delete from the "files" folder?  I've tried the shortcuts...nothing seems to work.

they look bad when in the posts, need to start over.

thanks for your time.

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad" Luke 8:17

sounds a little like the current times, eh?

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
exactly

the charts look too small and you cant delete them from the files list once they are in there. Very Bad. makes it useless. 

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
T

Message murphy.  He has it totally figured out.  He fixed up my post on Main St. today and put the charts in there for me.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Admin: How about a quick tutorial on how to post a chart?"