New to mining shares - what do you think of my picks?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
saigongold
saigongold's picture
Hat Tips: 517
New to mining shares - what do you think of my picks?

Hi,

I got into PM's in 2009, I am pretty well stacked with Silver and Gold and am now looking to put some cash into mining shares.

I have been doing research for the last month or so and have come up with the following, I had initally considered Great Panther, Silvercorp but I feel I am just to heavy in silver, heres my picks:

Golden Goliath Resources GNG.V

Great Basin Gold GBG

Brigus Gold Corp BRD

Avino Silver and Gold ASGMF

Cream Minerals CRMXF

Fire River Gold FVGCF

Revett Minerals RVM

I have decided to focus more on primarily gold miners as i am very heavy in physical silver.

I initially have $10k to start with and will look to buy the end of July, I will then have an additional $2k a month to drip feed into the stocks which I plan to hold for 5 years.

As I said I am new to this and would appreciate any comments and opinions of these stocks. 

Revett I am still unsure about due to the Rock Creek issue, a lot of resources there but seem to be many issues whether they can mine there. Anyone have any further info on this?

The stocks seem good value now, there has been a nice correction the last few months and I think things may start picking up in August so I want to get in before then.

Thanks

SG

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20
BHOWE
BHOWE's picture
Hat Tips: 2
Why These?

I'm curious, as new to investing in miners, why you choose these particular stocks?

Bill

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
I like it

I like your list and I like your plan.

I currently hold Great Basin, Brigus, and Avino.  I'm watching Golden Goliath and Cream.  I've written about these elsewhere in the Forums, but like the other poster I'm more interested in your​ rationale behind them.  Why these?

You say you want to lean toward gold, but 4 out of 7 lean to silver.  Golden Goliath, Avino, Cream, and Revett.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

saigongold
saigongold's picture
Hat Tips: 517
Hi and thanks for your
Hi and thanks for your messages, I am currently on holiday in the UK seeing the family jet lagged and can't put much thought into my response after 30hrs travelling. When my bodyclock adjusts I will reply with a detailed response about the rationale behind my picks, after printing off as much information as possible and reading on the flights my knowledge has grown a lot more on the chosen companies and also has changed a bit to include a couple of others.

loriewil
loriewil's picture
Hat Tips: 277
Buy the Brigus warrants instead

Of your choice of companies Brigus has 2 warrants (wt and wt"A") that have a duration until November 2014 which would be a better choice than the stock because they are priced 60% and 45% less, respectively, than the stock and will appreciate 50-100% more than the stock should the stock appreciate. Warrants give you more bang for your buck than the actual stock in a rising market. That's what warrants are all about - leverage.

I have written many articles on commodity-related long-term warrants (I seem to be the only one doing so) over the past 7/8  years and developed 2 proprietary indexes - the Gold and Silver Warrants index (GSWI) and the broader Commodity-related Company Warrants Index (CCWI). You can get all the details here:

1. The “Secret” World of Gold & Silver Company Warrants http://www.munknee.com/2011/05/the-secret-world-of-gold-silver-company-warrants/

2. Gold & Silver Warrants Index (GSWI) Update  http://www.munknee.com/2011/06/gold-silver-warrants-index-gswi-update/

3. Buying Gold & Silver Company Warrants is Easy & Profitable – Here’s How (and Why!)  http://www.munknee.com/2011/06/buying-gold-silver-company-warrants-is-easy-profitable-%e2%80%93-here%e2%80%99s-how-and-why/

Enjoy and profit.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "New to mining shares - what do you think of my picks?"