last comments first on page and delete threads

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matisse
Matisse's picture
Hat Tips: 30
last comments first on page and delete threads

1. last comments first on page , really important, and the save button with newest comments first doesn't do anything. Always have to scroll down, choose newest first, despite being saved many times before.

2.delete threads with more than one week no comments added, or sorted at the bottom.

3.too many  dead end threads, how do we clean the weeds? some auto cleaning?

4. see all comments on all threads by username

5. search comments by username

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
matisse wrote: 1. last

matisse wrote:

1. last comments first on page , really important, and the save button with newest comments first doesn't do anything. Always have to scroll down, choose newest first, despite being saved many times before.

I have checked your account, and the newest comments are posted first for you... this functionality is working as it should.  Please note the very first post (the original forum post) is always shown at the top so you know the topic of discussion.  The comments are listed in reverse order immediately following the forum post (starting at position #2).

Also make sure you realize sorting of comments is only part of the forums. Turd wanted the comments on his blog posts to always be in the order of oldest first and newest last.

matisse wrote:

2.delete threads with more than one week no comments added, or sorted at the bottom.

We are not going to remove anything that has been created by users unless it is deemed as offensive by Turd.  There may be visitors who want to access the posts in the future.  Threads with no comments are automatically pushed lower on the forum list.  As an example see the forum posts that have zero comments far into the Current News and Events forum: http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forums/current-news-and-events?page=14

matisse wrote:

3.too many  dead end threads, how do we clean the weeds? some auto cleaning?

There is no such thing as "dead end threads" when it comes to the Internet.  Just because no one is using it today doesn't mean there won't be someone who is searching for it tomorrow.  The reason search engines exist is for people to be able to find what they need while sifting through tons of content.  We added search capabilities to this website in the upper right corner.  Please use this to find what you need.

matisse wrote:

4. see all comments on all threads by username

5. search comments by username

Click on a user's name or avatar, and you will be taken to their profile.  From there click the "History" tab and you will see the threads on which the person has been active.  As for finding comments by username, we have discussed this before on other threads in the Site Feedback and Comments forum.  It is something that will be enhanced in the future.  Thanks.

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
admin wrote:I have checked

admin wrote:
I have checked your account, and the newest comments are posted first for you... this functionality is working as it should. 

How can I change this setting for my account?  I prefer to read comments oldest to newest (in chronological order)?

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
lol... never mind.  I see it

lol... never mind.  I see it now at the bottom of this thread.  I was expecting a setting in the "my account" section.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "last comments first on page and delete threads "