Help?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Big L
Big L's picture
Hat Tips: 2930
Help?

I'm new to forums and don't know how to make it work.

Can I move a post from one forum to another?

Can I edit a post?

Can I delete a post?

Is there a help button on this thing?!

Sorry to bother you, but I'm having a tough time here.

Thanks in advance......

"Professor backward was found dead in his home today. Neighbors reported cries of Pleh! Pleh!"

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
Big L, it would be best to

Big L, it would be best to look in the Site Feedback and Comments forum.  That is where we have answered most all of these questions.  Just to respond once again...

Big L wrote:

Can I move a post from one forum to another?

No, not once it has been created.  The admins have the ability to move threads but users do not... otherwise would get mighty confusing if everyone were allowed move threads all over the place.  I suggest picking your category wisely when you create the post.

Big L wrote:

Can I edit a post?

Not once it has been created.  Take time to re-read and preview your post before saving it.  We do not allow edits because we want to make sure the original intent of the thread is kept intact.  If we allowed editing, the theme of the entire thread could be changed by editing the original post.  Comments can be edited for 1 hour after their creation.

Big L wrote:

Can I delete a post?

No, can't delete a post.  If we allowed deleting of posts and threads, it would lose the intent of all attached comments.  The original post needs to stay put.

Big L wrote:

Is there a help button on this thing?!

Sure there is.  Click the "Contact" link on the top menu and select to send a message to technical support.  They will be able to offer assistance.

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

Big L
Big L's picture
Hat Tips: 2930
Thank you.

Thank you for the help. I've not posted in forums before, so I appreciate your assistance and patience with what probably appears to be silly questions. I'll send an inquiry to admin in the future when I have questions I can't resolve.

Thanks again!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Help?"