Ron Paul, Barney Frank, et al introduce a bill to legalize marijuana federally

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
MegaVikingMan
MegaVikingMan's picture
Hat Tips: 5
Ron Paul, Barney Frank, et al introduce a bill to legalize marijuana federally

"House lawmakers introduced legislation in Congress today to end the federal criminalization of the personal use of marijuana."

"The bipartisan measure, HR 2306 – entitled the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011and sponsored by Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank and Texas Republican Ron Paul along with Reps. Cohen (D-TN), Conyers (D-MI), Polis (D-CO), and Lee (D-CA) – prohibits the federal government from prosecuting adults who use or possess marijuana by removing the plant and its primary psychoactive constituent, THC, from the five schedules of the United States Controlled Substances Act of 1970."

State laws in place regarding criminality or legality of marijuana/THC would, of course, still be in place, so this would not make the plant legal nationwide.

Full article:

http://blog.norml.org/2011/06/23/members-of-congress-introduce-first-federal-measure-since-1937-to-legalize-the-adult-use-of-marijuana-2/

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
Basturd Toadflax
Basturd Toadflax's picture
Hat Tips: 46
this is why

I don't waste my time voting.  While I like most of what Ron Paul stands for, if he is dumb enough to stand in front of Bawney Fwank  and cosponser a bill with him he doesn't deserve the nomination either.  Especially a bill like this - WTF!.

" No one is more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
Hat Tips: 121
Basturd Toadflax wrote: I

Basturd Toadflax wrote:

I don't waste my time voting.

How much time do you spend whining?

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
Good for Ron Paul...

Good for Ron Paul.  We have sent enough marijuana smokers to jail.  Time to focus time and money and law enforcement efforts on criminals, not people who smoke leaves of plants.

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker

Jasper Puddlemaker wrote:

Good for Ron Paul.  It might set the stage for states to relax their stupid marijuana laws.  We have sent enough marijuana smokers to jail.  Time to focus time and money and law enforcement efforts on criminals, not people who smoke leaves of plants.

Basturd Toadflax
Basturd Toadflax's picture
Hat Tips: 46
ha

How much time do you spend whining?

That's the best part !    I can whine all the time and get to say " don't blame me , I didn't vote for that moron.

demican or republcrat - different sided of the same coin.  dems tax & spend, repubs borrow & spend but the bottom line is they both want bigger govt. and and are all bought off.  Watch "the secret of Oz" on you tube when you get a chance.

" No one is more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

Silver Shoes
Silver Shoes's picture
Hat Tips: 2
WOSD

The War on Some Drugs has certainly helped to grow big government and the police state. Enough already!

33 and a turd
33 and a turd's picture
Hat Tips: 1283
demican or republcrat -

demican or republcrat - different sided of the same coin.

I prefer "2 cheeks of the same arse"

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

Bugrino
Bugrino's picture
Hat Tips: 3
Jasper Puddlemaker

Jasper Puddlemaker wrote:

Time to focus time and money and law enforcement efforts on criminals, not people who smoke leaves of plants.

How would you define a "criminal?"

maravich44
maravich44's picture
Mary Jane

Ahh.  Big Gov.  Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3349
Legalize It - Peter Tosh

Bull
Bull's picture
Hat Tips: 171
MJ

Marijuana and Gold are both antidotes to tyranny.

The EE draws the line at the pursuit of happiness. There will be none of that. They need hypnotized consumers and programmed soldiers. Potheads are neither.

Decriminalization will stimulate the munchies economy.

Bull

Jasper Puddlemaker
Bugrino wrote: How would you

Bugrino wrote:

How would you define a "criminal?"

In my comment I was thinking along the lines of people who commit violent crimes, thefts, and that sort of thing as being "criminals."  Even though I don't do it personally, I detest the idea that someone would be arrested,  and fined or spend time in jail for growing a plant and smoking the leaves. 

Bugrino
Bugrino's picture
Hat Tips: 3
I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

Brotha Bob
Brotha Bob's picture
Hat Tips: 800
Time to buy Frito-Lay?

Time to buy Frito-Lay? Legal pot means lots of people with the munchies!

I wonder, if legal pot smokers will get a better reception in public then cigarette smokers? If smoking is bad, m'ok, does it matter what it is you smoke?

Oh, right, for the loney left pot smoking is ok, cigarette smoking not so much.

Do you think the government is trying to sedate the masses to prevent more protests?

May God Help Us All

But, what do I know?

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34214
Brotha Bob wrote: Do you

Brotha Bob wrote:
Do you think the government is trying to sedate the masses to prevent more protests?

Drugs will most definitely be used in this war to dumb down the masses.   The Rothshchilds, controlling interest in the East Indian Trading Company, used this tactic successfully against the Chinese during the Opium Wars and the acquistion of HOng Kong.   English royalty connections to the Afghan poppy fields and the opium trade was used to fund 9/11.    And what's going down in Mexico with the drug wars is not some random thugs but highly organized, and well funded terrorists. 

Marijuana definitely has some beneficial qualities and yeah it helps people with anxiety, depression and medical conditions.   And it's good for some creative inspiration however, excessive use just makes you freakin lazy.   I'm more creative, insightful without using it.  I prefer sobriety.   If people want to use it, it sure as hell shouldn't be illegal and people shouldn't be jailed.   But I see 16 year old kids using it and it's most definitely not creating genius. 

CYM
CYM's picture
Hat Tips: 1630
What was this thread about

What was this thread about again? cool

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Dimentia The last time I

Dimentia

The last time I smoked a doobie it was so strong that I had a vision of a holy man standing before me talking about da weed. I think he knew was stoned.

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
cough, cough

Huh?  

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and humility over 3 1/2 years ago. Once a pumper, always a pumper!
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
(No subject)

CYM
CYM's picture
Hat Tips: 1630
(No subject)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Ron Paul, Barney Frank, et al introduce a bill to legalize marijuana federally"