I have no idea why I titled this post the way I did. I guess, after a morning spent on the rollercoaster with a soundtrack of Draghi-speak, I must be feeling a little punchy.
Anyway, if you haven't yet reviewed the previous post, please do so. Though Draghi has capped the rally for now, any weakness today will long since be forgotten if we get an 80,000 NFP tomorrow.
It's great to see gold back above 1700 and silver is pushing up against the magical 33. These levels could very easily be the basis for a consolidation phase and, if the BLSBS comes in stronger than expected, they might very well be. But the charts look terrific and, as stated in the previous post, the CoT likely has room in it for a further extension of this rally before The Cartels aggressively step in. Therefore, I still think that gold may see 1750+ before any type of significant raid occurs. Silver could easily extend toward 35, too. We'll see. Tomorrow will be an important day.
GATA's Bill Murphy has been making the rounds as of late. He was in Washington for meetings yesterday and his schedule included a visit with The Lovely Lauren. Please take the time to watch this entire clip. Lauren asks great questions and Bill provides articulate answers.
Speaking of the BLSBS, anyone silly enough to waste time watching O'bottom tonight may, as a bonus, get a tip-off regarding tomorrow's data. http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/09/05/obamas-thursday-night-secret-about-jobs/
Regarding Draghi and the ECB, a much larger moment looms next Wednesday when the German Constitutional Court rules on whether Germany can participate in some of the ECB/EU rescue plans. I saw John Browne at FreedomFest. He's a very sharp guy and he has an excellent summary here: http://www.europac.net/commentaries/september_12th_looms_large_germany
Here's a brief but solid interview of GoldMoney's Alasdair Macleod. Recall that I "met" Alasdair last month and came away very impressed with his knowledge and wisdom. http://www.goldmoney.com/gold-research/newsdesk/cometis-interview-with-alasdair-macleod.html?gmrefcode=gata
And I'm sure that these two stories are completely unrelated. Got UCO? http://www.debka.com/article/22336/Turkish-officers-take-command-of-Syrian-rebel-brigades-N-Israel-on-alert & http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/06/25-killed-in-turkey-ammunition-depot-blast/
Finally, today, I simply want to draw your attention to our current group of advertisers and supporters. Internet sites can be "noisy" with ads and I know that sometimes they can be easy to overlook. The only ad space I sell is along the right side of the homepage, above and below the kitco charts. Your tour, this morning, begins at the top of the page.
- First, there's a block for the Hard Asset Alliance. As discussed last month, the HAA is our bullion/coin affiliation. Any purchases made there that initiate from this site generate a small commission for yours truly. You can read more here: http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/podcast/4087/finally-tfmr-bullion-and-coin-affiliation
- Next is our newest sponsor, MiningStockValuator.com. This is a subscription service but it also offers plenty of information free of charge. You can read more here: https://miningstockvaluator.com/goldmember.php. Once you've checked it out, if you decide to subscribe you should use the promo code "turdite" and you'll get a 25% discount. Anyone who is currently interested in, or investing in, the miners should strongly consider this service.
- The next block is a Google ad. The content here is provided by Google on an individual basis, according to the cookies placed on your computer by other sites that you frequent.
- Below that is a marketing piece for Santa's company, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration. Jim decided a few months back that he wanted to raise investor awareness of TRX and help support some of the websites that he considers valuable. I am honored that he chose TFMR as part of this program.
- Directly below the kitco charts, you'll find an ad for Provident Metals. They are a great bullion and coin dealer and I encourage you to click their ad/link the next time you are ready to add to your stack. As always, you should be shopping around for the best deal and, though HAA is our direct affiliation, you should obviously consider other options, too. Provident provides great customer service and I appreciate their support of my efforts.
- Lastly, I'll soon be adding a "BUY" button, next to the "DONATE" button at the top of the page. What can you buy, you ask? The site benefits from any purchase you make at Amazon, provided you go directly to Amazon from TFMR. We also have a link to our "TurdMart" where you can purchase all sorts of fabulous TurdGear. (Never too early for some Christmas shopping!) http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/store I've also added a "prepping" affiliation. Though we don't have the link up yet, I encourage you to check them out. Pretty cool stuff and TFMR gets a little commishkey from this place, too, if you choose to buy anything. http://www.stpaulmercantile.com/index.php?ref=Turd&action=store&page=FamilyPreparedness
OK, that's all for now. The metals are rebounding and looking good. Though the basis for my "historic" rally has not yet been factored into the markets (at least I don't think so), I'd like to think that my faith in the coming blastoff inspired you to hang in there and add to positions when silver was languishing between $26 and $28. Now approaching $33, we are all in the enviable position of being UP and silver still has a long ways to run.
Have a great day and be ready for tomorrow!